1983 Volkswagen Vanagon Westfalia Watercooled Campmobile Van Camper - A Gem!
Price: US $9,250.00 Item location: Sandy, Utah, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Volkswagen
- Model: Bus/Vanagon
- Type: Van Camper
- Trim: Campmobile Van Camper 3-Door
- Year: 1983
- Mileage: 184,476
- VIN: WV2ZB0250DH103406
- Color: Tan
- Engine size: 1.9L 1915CC H4 GAS OHV Naturally Aspirated
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Tan
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1983 Volkswagen Bus/Vanagon Campmobile Van Camper 3-DoorFor sale is a 1983 ½ (water cooled) Volkswagen Vanagon Westfalia full camper. This Westy has been in our family since new and has been well taken care of and maintained. No wrecks, no smoking, no pets, and clean Autocheck.
Autocheck reports 1 owner, which isn’t entirely true. There have been 2 owners in the same family!
Tons of preventative maintenance and upkeep have been done (we have a local VW specialist shop do all the work) and I have a stack of receipts several inches high. Some of the recent maintenance includes:
• New tires have approximately 3,000 miles on them ($555)
• New clutch slave cylinder ($338)
• New clutch master cylinder ($286)
• Front and rear bearings cleaned and repacked, new wheel seals ($638)
• New Exhaust ($1645)
• New thermostat housing and thermostat, cooling hoses and clamps, coolant pump, water temp sensor, radiator, coolant and flush ($1365)
• New Alternator ($241)
• New Brake pads ($81)
• New Tune Up, vacuum lines replaced, timing set, mixture and idle ($97.50)
• New fuel pump, fuel injectors, fuel injector seals, fuel lines, billet fuel rails ($892)
• Alignment, steering rack boot ($315)
• New Motor and transmission mounts, upper and lower ball joints, steering rack boots, gear lube change ($1260)
• Speedometer rebuild ($338)
• Shift Linkage rebuilt ($625)
• Also, the engine was replaced at 140,000 miles with a rebuilt engine. Engine runs strong and pulls well.
Refrigerator and stove have been serviced regularly and work well. Water tank is sanitized twice a year and pump and sink work perfectly.
In addition the Westy has the following modifications and extras included:
• Alpine Bluetooth head unit
• Eclipse speakers
• Go westy car cover and lock kit (was over $300!!!)
• Go Westy dual battery kit
• Spring leveling plates
• Front seat covers
• Battery float charger/maintainer
The vehicle has very few issues but in the interest of full disclosure they are as follows:
• Engine has a small oil drip from the drain plug. The drain plug was replaced several years ago on an oil change and has dripped ever since. It has never bothered us and doesn’t result in any significant amount of lost oil, but our shop said it could be fixed by them at the next oil change if desired.
• The Vanagon has the typical non structural rust starting at the usual places. If I were going to keep it and drive it through the next winter or two I would probably get it painted to avoid having to do more extensive body work down the road or keep it out of the salt at the very least. I can send close up photos of any area you want to see in detail.
• The headliner in front has come down / lost adhesion and torn in a few spots (as they all do). I have a replacement headliner in my cart at GoWesty but have not had time to get to it due to my work travel schedule.
• The tent top needs a replacement zipper pull and has had a tear repaired in the very back.
• Speedometer was rebuilt due to noise and ‘jumping’ on the needle while driving. Odometer now reads approximately 6,000 miles less than actual mileage. Mileage on odometer is 184,476
I’m happy to send close up photos or more information on anything if you want. I can also send you a copy of the Autocheck report if wanted. Just shoot me a message or email.
NADA reports blue book average retail of $15,000 and high book retail of $21,900. My reserve is far less than either of these prices as we are hoping for a quick sale.