1973 Volkswagen Thing, Subaru Turbo 2.0 Engine
Price: US $13,500.00 Item location: Huntington Beach, California, United States
- Make: Volkswagen
- Model: Thing
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: 4 door open top
- Year: 1973
- Mileage: 51,356
- VIN: 1833015156
- Color: Blue
- Engine size: Subaru 2.0 ltr turbo
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Blue, Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1973 Volkswagen Thing1973 VW thing for sale!! Engine hours unknown but less than 20k. Been in the family for years, we are ready to pass it on to someone loving these types of cars. This thing has had a lot of upgrades and work done over the years. Raceco caged in front and rear of thing, Subaru 2.0 ltr turbo charged engine with 002 bus trans with 091 internal gears, disc brakes and front end coilover suspension. Many upgrades and street legal, ready for someone to make their own mods and have some fun at the same time.
Shocks, coil overs, front beam, rear trailing arms, front end cage fabrication, radiator, Subaru engine swap, transmission, rear disc brakes, battery, newer fuse box, rear bucket seat, axles were installed/bought/fabricated this year 2016 and pretty much new.
1. Front end caged with Fox 2.0 coilover suspension with reservoirs.
2. Custom aluminum gas tank 15 gallons.
3. Newer rear hydraulic wilwood disc brakes with CNC main brake reservoir, front brakes are drum.
4. Fox 2.5 10-12" rear shocks with reservoirs.
5. Newer Subaru 2.0 ltr turbo charged engine with upgraded intercooler and blow off valve, K&N air filter, shortened oil pan, Link G4 programmable computer, C&R aluminum radiator with dual fans.
6. Rebuilt 002 Bus trans with 091 internal gears, Weddle gears, upgraded Chromoly axles and stubs. Stage 3 clutch assembly with Kennedy adapter plate to Subaru application.
7. JM Pro front coilover chromoly beam 6" wider. Rear 1.5" wider custom made chrimoly boxed trailing arms by Raceco.
8. Interior front 5 point bucket seats, rear bucket 4 point bench seat. Steering wheel with quick disconnect.
9. New optima red top battery.
Great car, have had fun driving around and keeping it in the family, but it's time to let someone else enjoy. Please email with questions or if needing more pictures.