1962 Volkswagen Karmann Ghia
Price: US $1,200.00 Item location: Lynnwood, Washington, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Volkswagen
- Model: Karmann Ghia
- Trim: None
- Year: 1962
- Mileage: 150,000
- Color: Silver
- Engine size: 1500
- Drive type: RWD
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1962 Volkswagen Karmann Ghia1962 VOLKSWAGEN KARMANN GHIA
- Please read and understand this ad before you bid. Please only bid if you intend to buy.
- Please ask questions BEFORE you bid, please do not wait until you've won to start asking questions.
I purchased this car from someone who did a resto-mod on it back in the late 90's and used it as a show car, the previous owner got tired of it and let it sit behind their house for a number of years before selling it. When I purchased the car it had been sitting outside, the interior was trashed, but the body was in pretty good shape. It's basically been sitting in my driveway for 6 years, I drive it to work once or twice a month 25 miles each way, but I haven't been able to do anything with it. Career/life/etc. Someone who can appreciate this car needs to take it.
Since purchasing I have:
- Media blasted the pans and coated in POR15. They are still okay but had rusted a lot; the metal is thin but still good.
- Installed new seats from a Toyota.
- Sanded and primed the entire entire, which was years ago and shows wear.
- Installed new carpet, but the car has also sat outside again for years and been driven and has some stains.
- Installed new electronics for the remote door locks; the door handles are shaved and you enter with an keyless door popper.
- Installed new 2" narrow beam and torsion bars, and 2" drop spindles, and tie rods in Dec 2016.
- Everything has been installed and rough set, this car needs an alignment prior to being driven.
- Car sits very low; it will turn but the fenders rub with these tires.
- Silver paint that is very good in overall condition.
- See the pictures, please, for the overall condition - there is rust in the normal Ghia places. Headlights, wheel arches, rear apron.
- Door handles were shaved, but state patrol required me to install a door handle to pass inspection - it is there for show only and does nothing.
- Toyota seats.
- Newish carpet, needs cleaned.
- No door panels/door cards.
- 1500cc Engine of unknown mileage, great runner. Valves are tight and I have changed the oil. Starts up immediately and has good power, the exhaust is from an old car I had that had been hit and is slightly tweaked and has an exhaust leak - adds a little bit of noise/rumble to the car to make up for the small engine.
- Transmission is a stock swing axle and shifts great, does not pop out of gear, and the clutch has less than 5k miles on it.
- Everything works.
- Wiring harness replaced when I bought the car.
- Originally 6v, has been converted to 12. Starter, wiper motor, lights, etc are all 12v.
- New Red Top Optima Battery included.
- No warranty, this car is entirely AS-IS, it's 54 years old and has 54 year old problems.
- Title, clear and in-hand.
- Bill of sale, title, and paperwork provided. Easy transfer of title to your name.
- Buyer pays actual shipping cost.
- I will help coordinate shipping but it's entirely on the buyer to pay for, finalize schedule, and take responsibility for the transit of this car.
- This car is a driver but is not driveable without a real alignment. I will not allow someone to drive it away unless it's going to a shop first or you know what you're doing.
- Please do not fly here and drive it 500 miles home.