Continent-crossing 1974 vw westfalia type2 bus - New Engine
Price: US $25,000.00 Item location: Morro Bay, California, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Volkswagen
- Model: Bus/Vanagon
- Year: 1974
- Mileage: 6,500
- VIN: 2342121541
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1974 Volkswagen Bus/VanagonContinent-crossing 1974 vw bus - 95% restored - $25,000 - we are located in Morro Bay. Will ship.
Forget about daily drivers, trailer queens and road warriors. This baby crosses continents. We just finished an almost 5000 miles drive from Manhattan, NYC to California (see the NY State plates).
Our bus is a unique interior reno. with a rebuilt engine that runs well.
We got rid of our NYC apartment in May, jumped on the magic bus and it's been our home ever since. Our next life chapter is gonna take place overseas. So unfortunately this means we have to sell our beloved home/magic bus.
An insane amount of time, money and love have been put into this bus, more than we can describe here. The van has been updated for the 21 century - specifically safety and comfort.
- Straight clean beautiful body with curves in all the right places
- Sun burnt orange - painted professionally in booth.
- New doors, panels, nose, battery trays, etc.
- New turnkey professionally rebuilt Porsche 2.0 engine from California Connections with 6500 miles on it. Be carefull, most type 2 listings claim to have a rebuilt engines but unless it's done professionally in a shop, show caution. With the current configuration the engine has 100 horse power. You can add another 20 by installing an extra $200 carberator.
- New Boge oil chocks (the expensive german kind)
- New Hankook tires (the best tires you can buy for this van) with 4000 miles. These tires are the correct 'commercial' rated reinforced tires. Most vans out there are running with regular passenger tires which create terrible handling but it's downright dangerous to drive (the sidewalls will eventually give in).
- All New Steering parts.
The combination of the right shocks, right tires and adjusted steering means this van handles like a dream. There is minimal wind buffering and you'll have no problem with oncoming semis (most vans do have prob. w/semis, google it)
- New Hella Headlight housings (the expensive german kind)
- 90/100w Halogen bulbs
- Replaced old headlight wiring harness with new safe HV harness capable of handling up to 135w halogen bulbs.
The new headlight housings and wire harness is an essential safety update. Make sure the van you end up buying has this update. They shine insanely bright.
- All shore power lines, outlets, fuses, wire harnesses have been updated. This means you don't have to worry about fires.
Interior (the best part)
- Comfortable, cosy, new, and clean
- Combination of new custom built and refurbished white oak furniture
- When designing and building the furniture we took the best design elements from all the years of westfalia. The result: A unique setup designed for camping, storage and socializing. All wood is finished in white oak with 3 layers of polyurethane. This means no mold - ever!.
- The couch is designed and built as a mini sectional with a chaise and tall armrests doubling as backrests
- Removable rotating dining table arm (just needs the table top)
- HD Pergo white oak laminate floor.
- Brand new large 45 quart whynter Fridge / Freezer (real fridge with compressor). worth $550
- 7 filter water filtration system
- 7 galllon drinking water tank
- Silent Electric pump
- Built-in propane tank
- 2x100aH batteries, 1500w inverter, isolator, multiple 110v and 12v outlets. (95% prepared for solar)
- Shore power
- New foam everywhere, beds, seats, sectional. A combination of high density foam and memory foam. You'll sleep well in this.
- New fabric on sectional.
- All panels are new white oak panels coated with 3 layers of polyurethane on all sides. This means no mold. Vans with 40 year old panels will often have black mold on the back side. gross.
- Webasto big rig heater. Fantastic heater for those cold california summer nights. worth $1100 + $1000 install
- Back camera. Can be configured to run when driving on the highway. (help with the blind spots)
- Soundproofed using the technique explained here: http://www.nkgroup.co.uk/product/motorhome-and-van-vw-camper-kit/
Vans are loud, very loud. By soundproofing the van like the pro's you can now have conversations or even listen to the radio.
- New carpets in drivers cabin (6 pieces)
- White custom made curtains
- Original pop top, screens, all in good shape
- The van is dripping oil (under compression). Should be fixed.
- The 2 front seats need upholstery. They are cleaned and have new foam.
- The water filtration system needs a new quick connector ($2 part)
- The front left axis have some rust.(rot). $300 fix - Should be replaced in the next 4-5 years.
- 5 cubic feet storage bag
- $320 Fiamma bike rack (this is a great bike rack)
- 9 feet of orange plaid fabric for the front seats and trunk cushion
- Oil temp Gauge + sender
- Oil pressure gauge + sender
- GPS tracker + remote controller (theft protection)
- Coleman four person tent lightly used
- Pots, cast iron pan, mixing bowls, new camping enamelware cutlery
vw, type 2, bay window, westfalia, campervan, pop-top camper, designer, hippy van