Volkswagen Classic Beetle 1979 Cabriolet Vintage VW Bug Super Beetle
- Condition: Used
- Make: Volkswagen
- Model: Beetle - Classic
- SubModel: Karmann
- Type: Convertible
- Year: 1979
- Mileage: 100,000
- Color: Yellow
- Engine size: 1
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: White
- Options: CD Player
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1979 Volkswagen Beetle - Classic Karmann
Amazing survivor car fully and professionally restored to a high level. This 1979 VW Super Beetle Convertible has been a solid Southern California commuter car for decades. It is in its original and highly desirable color scheme of Yellow and White. The car is stock and absolutely complete including all original fuel injection systems and is California Smog Legal.
This wonderful little car has never been thrashed or left out in a field foryears to rust until a restorer came along. The car has not been wadded up and repaired and it is aperfect example of a well cared for car that has had the additional benefit of a no expense spared maintenance and refurbishment program over its entire life.
We bought this car about 10 years ago for my daughter and she used it to commute to college here in So Cal for years. Over the course of ownership we have replaced and rebuilt just about every feature of this cool little car.
Most recently that maintenance has included a complete interior reupholstery, complete high end repaint and an engine and transmission rebuild. This may well be one of the most extensively and consistently refurbished 1979 Converts on the market.
All work was done to a high level of quality, mostly German parts are used wherever possible and professional work was done, not DIY home repairs.
She runs perfectly and everything works as it should; it is reliable, tightand is a true joy to drive. As my daughter always said "It's happiness on four wheels".
This is the last year of USA production for the classic beetle. With this color combination and highly desirable Cabriolet option this car will undoubtedly continue to increase in value. You can buy this car today and drive it, maintain it and enjoy it for years and sell it for more than what you will pay for it today. Trulyit is a great investment
Here are more of the details outlining the extensive work done to this car over the years:
- Complete respray of high quality at a cost of over $5k
- Rechromed bumpers, new trim,running boardsand rubber plastic bits
- Top is about 5 years old and ingood shape
- All glass, rubber and chrome trim is good
- Complete reupholstery with OEM style materials. This upholstery was hand made from the original seats and panels by Trimline in RB (they do interior work on Pebble Beach cars).It is not a cheap ill fitting upholstery kit
- Carpet is also new along with custom kick panel speaker housings
- The chassis is without rust and patch panels as it has never seen thiskind of abuse
- All bushings, bearings, hoses and other related parts have been replaced
- Front brakes have been upgradedto disc brakes for safety.All brake hoses, wheel cylinders, master cylinder and linings are replaced
- Front and rear heavy duty swaybars are added for safety along with shocks
- New axles, wheel bearingsand CV joints are fitted
- New fuel tank and fuel pump installed
Engine and Transmission
- Rebuilt original engine. This engine was built by PowerHaus in Torrance. They are the top classic VWengine building shop in the country www.powerhausvwparts.com
- Engine includes new Counterbalanced crankshaft for added smoothness and durability. All of otherinternals are new stock including heads, pistons, cylinders, HD oil pump and cam, bearings and valve train
- Additionally the car has a new alternator, distributor with electronic ignition and starter motor
- Transmission is completely rebuilt with new bearings, syncros and a new clutch assembly. It's quiet, shifts up and down perfectly and without a sloppy lever action
Everything that can and does go wrong with these cars has been replaced and/or restored. Look closely to the pictures and check out other peoples listings. Look at the shots of the chassis and engine; most of the stuff out there is nothing more than a good starter car that will cost thousands of dollars to restore. It is very costly to rebuild these cars, believe me I know first hand. Of all the other similar cars I can see on eBay right now they will need at least $10k to bring them up to the level of this bug that I am offering. Ask other experts, show them the pics and contact me with questions!
CAR IS SOLD AS-IS AND FOR LOCAL PICK UP ONLY. PayPal deposit of $100 is required and not refundable. Please do your homework before you bid. Final payment must be bank transfer or cleared cashiers check only before transfer of vehicle.
Buyer is responsible for any related transportation arrangements and cost. Buyer is responsible for any/all related vehicle purchase registration.Seller confirmsvehicle is of clear California title and has no outstanding fees due. Seller will assist with transportation as per Buyers arrangement as needed and reasonable.