EMPI Sportster from the‘60s These are getting harder to find!
Fun little dune buggy that I’m selling for myneighbor, He’s an older gentleman that had it for years and recently started tinkered on it to fix it up to sell. I offered to put it oneBay for him, its also in the local paper.Idon’t know much about VW’s but here’s the details that I went over with him.
Currently Titled as a 1959 VW Beetle (Chassis Vin: 2296338)
Engine Serial: F1000996 (66 Beetle) No slop in crank - does not smoke or use oil, Oil pressure good.
Transaxle: H662387 (63 Transporter) w/small nut and Reduction Gear Boxes
Carburetor: SOLEX 34 Pict
This is NOT a factory EMPI, This was an installed kit that has been modifiedfromoriginal to include the top and doors.
Runs - Drives - Stops - Speedo works, headlights work, Sold as is and included are loads of detailed photos for you to make your decision.
Will obviously need some TLC and fine tuning to make itdailydriver/street legal, etc.. Sold as is without any warranty.
LINK TO VIDEO OF RUNNING: CLICK HERE
Things that he did to it.
- Valves adjusted
- New spark plugs
- New Carb Kit installed
- Transaxle and Reduction Gear Boxes drained and filled with fresh oil
- New rear wheel cylinders and shoes (Fronts were looked at and adjusted had lots of wear left on the shoes)
- New Alternator (chrome!
- New fuel pump (also still has working electric pump but he didn’t like the extra noise)
- Newer Off Road Tires - Fronts are 7.0 x 15 and rear are 31x10.5x15R)
- Seat Covers with extra foam (original seats are there but weathered)
- Steering wheel
- New Battery in 2014
- Blue Paint
Things that it needs/issues.
- Has some rust issues (Not terrible or unfixable but see photos)
- Wiring could use an update and refresh if you were going to make it street legal again. All 4 head/spot lights work as well as the dome and cargo. All the wires are there but some are just not connected. He was never going to use it as a street legal machine, just off road, so hedidn’tcare.
- Seats could use a swap or refresh
- Im sure there are other minor fiddly things you;’ll want to sort out but this has the base to be a super fun unique buggy!
$400 Due at close of auction and the rest within 7 days, Buyer is responsible for shipment and/or pickup. Measures 59”between front tires, 67” between rear, 11’6” overall length.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions, Vehicle is located in, Utah 84664
Phone Number 801-362-8011