1968 VW Karmann Ghia Project Car with Parts
Price: US $1,000.00 Item location: Elkwood, Virginia, United States
- Make: Volkswagen
- Model: Karmann Ghia
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: Base
- Year: 1968
- Mileage: 39,000
- VIN: 148469464
- Color: Red
- Engine size: 4 cylinder
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1968 Volkswagen Karmann Ghia1968 Volkswagen Karmann Ghia Coupe
Project Car with Parts
This is a major restoration project that will require professional abilities and lots of money.
The car runs and yard drives but is not driveable on the road and will need to be trailered. It has no brakes other than parking brake. It does not have a gas tank but has a gas can plumbed under the hood.
VERY RUSTY in all of the places these cars rust. It will need floor pans, inner and outer rocker panels and heater channels, lower quarter panels, lower fender panels, headlamp section at front of fenders, lower nose under spare tire, and all sheetmetal around engine compartment.
Clean Virginia title and also have VW "Birth Certificate" from the Volkswagen Museum in Germany.
I braced the passenger door opening and started cutting away some of the outer sheetmetal on the passenger side rocker and quarter and fender but that is far as I have gotten. The seat has been removed but goes with car.
It has a 1970 dual port engine B code engine.
Included with sale of vehicle are the following parts:
* rust free texas deck lid already partially fitted to car
* early lowlight Karmann Ghia (56-59) dashboard with glovebox and ashtray (I was going to use sections of it to make a smooth all steel dash rather than the plastic woodgrain and vinyl that 68 had)
* CB Performance dropped spindles installed with new outer tie rod ends
* new front wheels with Continental P165/60R15 tires (have been sitting a while though)
* 61-66 short axles and tubes (I was going to do a short axle conversion for wider rear tires)
* new decklid script
* new license plate mounts and hardware
* a good used decklid handle
* a 1962 BLAUPUNKT BERLIN ATR ML RADIO in unknown working condition that I was going to mount in the dash
* some other miscellaneous parts .. whoever buys the car gets everything VW that I have with it
I had high hopes to finish this car but have realized I have too many projects and not enough time and resources so I am offering for sale so someone else can hopefully save this little car.
I have nearly $2800 invested in parts alone but it is being sold at no reserve highest bidder gets it.
Vehicle is sold AS-IS WHERE-IS Elkwood VA 22718 US Route 29 North of Culpeper Virginia
Buyer is responsible for arranging transport, however I will help load vehicle and parts on trailer/truck to the best of my ability.
Upon sale $250 non-refundable deposit is due within 24 hours of close of auction via PayPal. Balance is due in full by way of cash in hand within 7 days of close of Auction. Vehicle must be picked up within 30 days of close of auction or storage fees may accrue.