87 Titian Red Westfalia, <79K OG Miles, Garaged, Stock, Near Perfect, 3 Vidoes
- Condition: Used
- Make: Volkswagen
- Model: Bus/Vanagon
- Type: Van Camper
- Trim: GL Westfalia Camper
- Year: 1987
- Mileage: 78,234
- VIN: WV2ZB0253HH078832
- Color: Titian Red Metalic
- Engine size: 2.1 L Wasserboxer (original)
- Number of cylinders: Four
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Stock Westfalia Grey & Black
- Options: CD Player
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1987 Volkswagen Bus/Vanagon
Hello! I am posting again because the bidding in the first auction fell short. On the other hand, Roxanne did generate considerable buzz.
So a heartfelt "thank you" to those of you who are now taking another look. -You're in luck, because these types of unique second chances don't often come up.
Also and because of your feedback, I shot and uploaded these videos. I hope they further help you to determine quality and condition:
Please bid with confidence!
Meet Roxanne. I've been her careful steward for the past 4+ years, but now it's someone else's turn. For this one, the new owner would really need a covered space to store her because she's just too pristine to park outside. But she'll fit in a regular garage space. -And at just under 180 inches long, she's nearly 12 inchesshorterthan a 2017 Toyota Camry.
• +/- 78,234 original, documented miles.
• Factory finished in perhaps the nicest color for all VW Campers- VW's classic Titian Red Metalic.
FUN FACT: Titian -with an ia- is a nod to the Italian master and his penchant for this shade of copper red. See:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venus_of_Urbino
• 3rd owner. 2nd owners (retired couple) had it for 20+ years in their garage in Albany.
• Unrestored survivor. Unmolested, never in an accident, always garaged, kept waxed and clean.
• Stock, 100% interior - the rubber, curtains, both tables, & door panels are amazing. Mini ice cube makers? Check. OE skylight curtain/screen? Double-check. Rear screen? Triple-check.
• Engine never opened, meticulously maintained, zero leaks, runs like a top.
• +90% OG paint. Dan Miller @ redbarnrestorations [thesamba handle: Redbarnresto] recently worked out a couple of minor dents, repaired the associated chipped paint, and fixed a couple of larger parking lot scratches. A few scratches and small nicks remain, but it is otherwise the paint and body are truly outstanding, shiny, straight, and original.
• 4-Speed manual, simple roll-up windows and push-down locks. A/C w/ OE R12 Freon (blows much colder than the new 132a) works perfectly with no leaks, and it has a new, properly lubricated compressor and evaporator. Even the clock and the cruise control work.
• Original owner’s manual, warranty, maintenance booklet, dealer slips, jack + tools, extra key blanks + key code, water tank key, & maintenance receipts going back 25+ years.
• Zero rust. Anywhere. Ever.
• GoWesty 16” wheels + nitrogen filled Michelin Defenders w/ warranty (75% tread remaining, properly rotated every 5K miles).
• GoWesty/AMC heads and complete GoWesty stainless steel exhaust.
• Hella H3’s / SA Grill / urethane lens protectors.
• High-end, yet understated Pioneer DEH-80PRS Bluetooth head unit + 4 Kicker coaxials in the OE speaker compartments to retain a stock look. Head unit lighting matches the dash lighting. Wired to Odyssey house battery w/ GoWesty toggle on/off switch.
• Wheelskins leather steering wheel cover. Neoprene seat covers protect the perfect upholstery.
• Custom cut rubber floor mats throughout. FatMat sound deadener in the front doors, slider, floor, and hatch.
• Shurflo faucet.
• SA Mudflaps.
• GoWesty hookups for shore water and electricity. Power inverter, and trickle charger that automatically charges the house battery while connected to shore electricity.
• Window tint with easily removable film. -But I would leave because the A/C works better when all those windows let in less heat, and because less light equals more privacy and a more preserved interior.
• My 4th VW camper and, by far, the best I have owned. Florida title because we own property there.
• Redline oil / filter changed every 3-5K miles, coolant system (flushed every two years) works as designed. -Including the fans. Always run 93 octane gas. In no hurry when I drive, so I cruise at 4K RPM / 70 MPH.
• Professionally maintained and repaired as needed; no expense spared. Talk to Ken @ Vanagain in NJ, Tom at Bruno’s VW + Audi in Queens, Dan @ Red Barn Restorations in OH, or Lucas @ GoWesty.
• +/- 5K miles per year for me. Used mostly for road trips and camping (but we have an outdoor stove, so we don't cook in it): Martha’s Vineyard, the North Fork, Cape May, Acadia, & the Adirondacks, Berkshires, & Catskills. -And an occasional run to Costco / Trader Joe’s. (I bike or subway to work in Midtown Manhattan.)
• Sadly selling to fund another project.
THE EXTRAS - *NOT PART OF THIS AUCTION, BUT AVAILABLE AS A SEPARATE ADD-ON PACKAGE FOR $2K:
• Installed OE tracks, covers, & floor for an extra row of seats + single & double seat w/ lap belts & matching neoprene seat covers.
• JustKampers European large drive-away side tent. (See the pictures in the link below.)
• Fiamma bike rack w/ three rails.
• GoWesty Vanobag.
• Birch Poptop Shelf + Poptop Bed Extension.
• VW Camper-themed dishware & cutlery + OE first aid case.
• OE shore electricity & water hose.
• New "Luk" (German OE) heavy duty clutch kit. The clutch is fine and does not need repair at all. I bought it mistakenly thinking that my other bus needed a clutch repair. And when I sold that other bus, I kept the clutch kit because I still had this bus.
• Basic maintenance starter kit: Redline oil, Bentley shop manual, belts, Dupont Freon (you’ll never need it – system does not leak- bought a case when I bought the van and used four to fill it up), + a few other parts.
• *Possibly the most valuable option if you're a local buyer or if you're in another major media market: I will introduce you to four (4) local film / advertising contacts. So far this year Roxanne has been chosen for shoots for Coca-Cola (Russia market), Verizon Wireless, and Papier Mache, the fashion magazine. (See the pictures in the link below.) So if you live in NYC, LA, SanFran, etc. you too could book Roxanne. These producers are licensed & insured, they pick up & drop off, & they pay on time. Net income this year has been about $1200. Not huge, but it helps pay for gas + maintenance.
Roxanne can be seen behind my home and in the garage. Jackson Heights, Queens, Roosevelt Av. stop, right off the E/F/7 line.
Fly in, tour NYC, eat your way through all the amazing JaxHts restaurants, we'll take our time going through everything in my secured back patio, spend a night or two at a nearby airbnb, and then take the long way home.
- Or happy to assist with shipping and/or storage.
More Pics? - See all 250+ of them here:
Note that this camper is darned near perfect. I would say the interior and drivetrain are a 10. The exterior is a 9.75 because of the few remaining tiny nicks in the body that are not worth fixing, and the dime-sized but treated star that is in the OG windshield.
Will reply promptly to any questions.
As is; no warranty express or implied.
Be well, and good luck!
PS: Back in 2011 when I bought it Ken at Vanagain did all the things that one normally does when one buys one of these to keep: new fuel lines and rails, remove and reseal the gas tank and replace the sender, new brakes and brake lines, etc.