Classic 1979 Volkswagen Beetle - Two Owner, Excellent Condition, Many Upgrades
- Make: Volkswagen
- Model: Beetle - Classic
- Type: Convertible
- Year: 1979
- Mileage: 96,000
- VIN: 1592028732
- Color: Silver
- Engine size: 1.6 liter - horizontally-opposed four cylinder
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Options: Cassette Player, Convertible
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1979 Volkswagen Beetle - ClassicClassic 1979 Volkswagen Super Beetle Convertible
I bought this car from the original owner back in 1989. So, it most certainly has a known history.
It has never been stored outside. It has always been stored in a garage under a car cover
It was in totally stock condition when I bought it.
I have made a number of changes or upgrades to enhance the performance, functionality or appearance:
- The Driver's Seat padding was broken down, so I replaced the two front seats with a more comfortable upgrade.
- Replaced the original complete drum front brake system with disc brakes.
- Installed an upgrade sway bar.
- Installed four KYB shocks.
- Replaced the carpeting.
- Replaced the original steel wheels with classic gold EMPI 8-spoke wheels with new lug bolts and wheel locks
- Installed new tires 195/65R15 tires (a little wider than the stock 165/85x15 original tires)
- Just had a complete tune-up which included new spark plugs, spark plug wires, distributor cap, rotor, condenser, fuel filter, new fuel lines, vacuum tubes, adjusted the valves, new valve cover gaskets, air filter, oil and filter change, new wiper blades and adjusted the timing.
- Completely resealed the engine including all the push rod tubes
- Complete front end alignment
- New throttle / accelerator cable
- New headlights and bulbs
- Nakimichi AM/FM/cassette stereo with a Nakimichi power amp
- New Battery
- Locking Gas cap
- New Clutch, throw-out bearing and resurfaced flywheel
- New Windshield
- New Horn
- New EGR valve
- Short Shift kit installed
- Installed front Adjust-a-Struts (lowered front end 2")
- New front wheel bearings
- Stainless steel brake lines
- Complete flush of the brake system
Everything works on this car. It has the original paint, which is in pretty good shape. I have refrained from repainting it. I mean, it's only original once. It does have a couple of minor dime-sized dents and paint scratches which did not show up in the pictures. Hey, it's 37 years old. The previous owner had replaced the driver's side door because someone had backed into it in a parking lot, so it is not original to the car. Other than that, to my knowledge, it has never been in an accident. No rust. As long as I have owned it, it has never seen the rain. It was strictly a Summer Time Driver.
The car still has it's original factory convertible top. It's in great condition. I had a couple of stitching repairs done on the inside, but other than that, it's original. It also has the original convertible top cover. All the glass is in perfect condition.
The only thing that presently needs attention is replacing the Fuel Tank Sending Unit. The gas gauge doesn't read correctly. I'm working on getting that fixed.
Four sets of keys
Original Owner's Manual and Documentation
Original Jack and Tool Kit
All Receipts and Records
CURRENT NADA AUTO VALUE
|1979 Volkswagen Beetle|
|2 Door Convertible|
Just added one last picture of all the original extra parts that will go with the car. If you are a true original Beetle collector, you will appreciate the value of these parts. Here's a list of what is included:
- Both front seats - a little dusty but both is excellent condition. The backing foam or jute is broken down in the driver's seat. That can all be replaced. The original upholstery is still good
- All the original rubber floor mats
- A set of period correct coco mats
- A complete black vinyl Bra the covers and protects the complete front fenders and trunk lid from stone chip and bugs on a long trip
- The original front drum brakes - still in good condition
- The four original steel wheels - that have some original Michelin XZX 165/15 tires
- Complete set of original lug bolts and an extra set of four new chrome lug bolts (due to the four chrome locking lug bolts for the new wheels)
- An extra fuel filter
- An extra oil filter gasket
a box full of a couple of hundred dollars worth of various brand new, still in the package body parts - like new window weatherstripping, etc. Not that much was needed, but my original dream was to restore this car to perfect showroom condition.
Thanks for looking! Good Luck! Bid with confidence!