1986 Volkswagen Bus/Vanagon Wolfsburg Edition Westfalia Weekender, Sweet!
Price: US $5,283.00 Item location: Manlius, New York, United States
- Make: Volkswagen
- Model: Bus/Vanagon
- Type: Van with Pop-Top Camper Loft
- Year: 1986
- Mileage: 228,343
- VIN: WV2XB0258GH123169
- Color: Bronze
- Engine size: Completely rebuilt at 175K by 'Boston Bob'
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Interior color: Tan
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1986 Volkswagen Bus/VanagonI'm sadly selling my beloved Westy. Runs great, well-maintained, has been extremely reliable, my mechanic says "I'd drive this Westy anywhere!" Previous owner was a mechanic friend of mine.
The Weekender Edition has an open roomy interior, with a fold-out table. The Engel fridge doubles as a bench.
Some of the many features:
*"Boston Bob" (Bob Donalds) rebuilt engine.
*Undercarriage and floor pans are solid.
*Canvas pop top has been replaced.
* Heavy-duty rubber floor mats from Go Westy.
* Engel MT-45 43-Quart Fridge/Freezer 9 runs off of Aux Batt with a toggle switch, and there is anadditional plug for accessories to run off the Aux Battery.
* GoWesty 16" Alloy Wheels
* Beautifully reupholstered Bench and Rear passenger seat.
* Soundproofing with "Rattletrap" mats.
* New Battery.
* All vent hoses and rubber grommets in fuel system replaced.
* Removed plastic firewall fitting in fuel/return line, replaced with new hose and protective sleeve.
* Replaced throttle cable.
* Starter, distributor and alternator have been rebuilt.
* Rear heater core has been replaced.
* New ball joints.
* Air Conditioner converted to R134.
* New muffler, tailpipe and gaskets.
* New transmission mount, upper control arm bushings.
* All original curtains and screens.
* Bently Repair Manual included.
* Custom built varnished wooden boxes that fit neatly under rear passenger seat store tons of gear!
* Lots of spare parts including extra computer, hoses, fuses, custom awning, GoWesty Luggage Rack Cargo Bag, beautiful outdoor mat.
I believe this van has only had three owners including myself, and that this van's original owner lived in California. It has been housed indoors in the winters since coming to the East. It does have some rust spots on the body, nothing major, biggest spot is under the long window on passenger side. I have maintenance paperwork from the second owner as well as my own.
I have had SO MUCH FUN with this vehicle! There is a community of Westy owners out there who share the love, andbelieve me you will make many new friends as folks are always so curious to see areal live Westy. This is so much more than just a way to get from A to B...it's a lifestyle. I can't think of a better way to tour the National Parks, and it's anabsolute joy to drive. Sleeps four in comfort, as in addition to the loft sleeping area the bench seat folds out into a bed. I'm sad to part with it but trust that the next owner will love it as much as I do!