1965 VW MicroBus, 21 Window Ready for Restoration
Price: - Item location: Monterey, California, United States
- Make: Volkswagen
- Model: Bus/Vanagon
- SubModel: 21 window micro-bus
- Trim: Deluxe model trim
- Year: 1965
- Mileage: 200,000
- VIN: 245110110
- Color: original blue-green body & off-white top
- Engine size: Rebuilt with hookup for external oil filter/cooler
- Transmission: Manual 4 speed
- Drive type: RWD
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1965 Volkswagen Bus/Vanagon 21 window micro-busI've owned this VW Microbus since 1975. It was an excellent running machine.
I added the following modifications:
1. front end from 1972 VW Bus with power assisted disk brakes, (four wheels are from 72 Bus);
2. Added 3 gauges, oil temp & oil pressure, head temp;
3. space for 16 gal gas tank (gas tank not included),
4. engine modified with external oil filter and optional oil cooler hookup;
5. converted from 6 volt to 12 volt.
6. New body parts (to be installed) include front nose panel, new cargo floor, new front floor, new battery tray, and skylight window panels.
7. Rest of body in OK shape, but body work is needed.
8. Most hardware is available but some small pieces went missing during a move last year.
This is a perfect restoration project for someone with welding skills - can easily quadruple the investment.