1990 Volkswagen Vanagon Campmobile Van Camper 3-Door 2.1L
Price: US $14,800.00 Item location: Lebanon, New Jersey, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Volkswagen
- Model: Bus/Vanagon
- Type: Van Camper
- Trim: Campmobile Van Camper 3-Door
- Year: 1990
- VIN: WV2ZB0256LH029228
- Engine size: 2.1L 2109CC H4 GAS OHV Naturally Aspirated
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Power options: Air Conditioning
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Drive type: RWD
- Options: CD Player
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1990 Volkswagen Bus/Vanagon201,250 miles. Clean title. Beautiful Bordeaux Red Pearl color. Had typical seam rust but rusted panels/areas were removed and replaced with fresh sheet metal (hence the slightly mismatched paint)
- Runs very well. Good power. 2.1 liter. Auto trans shifts smoothly. Just took a 1,000 mile trip with no problems.
- OE Dometic fridge works on AC and 12V (haven't tested it on propane)
- Needs new propane tank. Tank has new fittings but has a hole in it. Better to buy a new, safe tank, anyway.
- Some engine bay fuel lines have been replaced
- New rear brake flexible hoses and steel lines. New rear wheel cylinders
- Has power steering. power mirrors and rear heater
- AC is present but doesn't work
- Nearly new Hankook R08 tires on rear and brand new Continental Vanco tires on freshly blasted, epoxy primed and urethane painted front wheels
- New radio installed, with USB hookup for phone/mp3 player hookup/iPhone control, with remote control. Speakers are in surprisingly good shape.
- Some fuel lines have been replaced
- Brand new NAPA battery. Decided to replace existing battery before a road trip because it was 8 years old!! (but still passed a load test!)
- New front caster rod bushings. New left front upper ball joint
- Upholstery in good shape, with no rips, stains or burn holes that I'm aware of.
- Exhaust pipes from heads and cast elbow have been recently replaced
Has some minor dents, dings and scratches but there is no evidence inside or out that it was ever in an accident
Typical Vangon fuel smell when tank is filled all the way up. Lots of info online about dropping the tank and installing new seals but I don't have the time to do it.
This is not a garage queen and I'm not going to try to compare it to a $60k GoWesty van, but it's a desirable late model with the more desirable auto trans, better interior ventilation and largest, most powerful stock motor that will take you where you want to go. The value of these has been steadily on the ride, because they're so appealing and there's nothing else quite like them out there. I consider mine a good investment, as I can enjoy it for as long as a want and I expect to recoup my investment if I should decide to sell it. Good alternative for someone who wants to get into a Westy but doesn't have $25k+ to spend. I'll be happy to answer any/all questions you might have, so please contact me if you have any!`Reason for sale: my girlfriend and I liked using this so much that we've gone ahead and bought a MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE one!
Please note:This vehicle is for sale locally and I reserve the right to end the auction if I sell it outside of eBayZero feedback bidders will be subject to identity verification and bids will be cancelled if I'm unable to get adequate proof of identity.This is per eBay policy
On Jul-04-16 at 10:49:48 PDT, seller added the following information:
This is a Westfalia camper (Westfailia, Wesphalia, Westphalia, Wesphaila). ebay changed the title when I created the listing and won't let me change it back!!