RARE COOL CLASSIC 1971 VOLKSWAGEN SQUAREBACK. SUBARU 1.8l CONVERSION NO RESERVE!
- Condition: Used
- Make: Volkswagen
- Model: Squareback
- Year: 1971
- Mileage: 110,126
- VIN: 1102838344
- Engine size: 1.8 LITER FOUR CYLINDER
- Drive type: REAR WHEEL DRIVE
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1971 Volkswagen Squareback
Offered for an appreciating new owner atNO RESERVE is this rare unique classic 1971 Volkswagen Squareback with Subaru 1.8 Liter Conversion!
Finished in pale yellow green over bisquit and brown this 99.99% rust-free 45 year-old blue license plate California car was purchased new in Los Angeles in 1971. And YES, I have the original window sticker! It features a 1.8 liter Subaru engine conversion mated to a three speed automatic VW transmission. Stopping power is provided by front disc and rear drum brakes. It sports groovy new 15" five-lug wheels with new rubber, original am radio, spare tire, original keys, custom water temp gauge and custom wood molding trim. It is being sold with a clean and clear California title and current registration and original owner's manual.
This is a groovy sunny sunday cruiser or great little surf wagon...for about the cost of the sales tax alone on a new Passat station wagon
PLEASE CALL Evan at 650-350-8828 FOR QUESTIONS OR TO SCHEDULE TEST DRIVES AND/ORMECHANICAL INSPECTIONS.
THE BODY AND TRIM
The exterior of this 1971 Squareback is in very fair to good condition overall with decent shine to the paint finish with cool alloy wheels and nice original bumpers and trim.There are several cosmetic imperfections including, but not limited to, some corrosion bubbling on the right fender top and bottom, rock nicks, scratches, fading and other light blemishes one would expect of a car this age. Overall this is a presentable "driver-quality" example that garners lots of attention wherever you drive!
As I hope is articulated in the photos here, the interior of this little classic is in quite original generally good but tattered condition.The lights, blinkers, horn and all other gauges and controls function as they should. What appears to be the original headliner has some tears and holes, the carpet and sisal mats are far from brand new and the radio powers up but just makes a scratchy sound.
THE DRIVING EXPERIENCE
This 1971 VW starts and runs well with lively acceleration from the circa-1998 Subie engine.The transmission shifts smoothly, the steering is smooth and responsive, the suspension components are tired and worn With all of its imperfections, it is still a fun car to cruise.
DETAILS AND $$
1. This 1971 VWwill besold with clean and clear title and current California registration. It is smog-exempt here in California due to the year. [PRE-1976]
It will be sold "AS IS" with no written or verbal warranties expressedor implied.I welcome prospective new owners to come see, drive, feel and inspect this car in person.
NOTE: There will be no post-sale inspections to determine whether you actually want to purchase this car. So, PLEASE bid thoughtfully!
2. Zero feedback bidders please contact me prior to bidding or bids will be cancelled immediately. This car is also being advertised in other venues and I reserve the right to end auction at any time at my discretion.
3. I will assist with shipping arrangements[buyer pays costs]. Irecommend Chris at Kelly's Auto Transport at 951-845-6224
4. Winning bidder pleasecall 650-350-8828 and/or email me thru ebay within 24 hours of auction close.
5. A $500 non-refundable down payment via Paypal w/in2 days of auction close.
6. Balance of purchase due viaCASH in person, bank wire transfer or certified funds within5 days of auction close thank you.