1993 Volkswagen VW Corrado SLC VR6 Flash Red
Price: US $3,050.00 Item location: Fremont, California, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Volkswagen
- Model: Corrado
- SubModel: SLC
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: SLC / VR6
- Year: 1993
- Mileage: 144,000
- VIN: WVWED4503PK006223
- Color: Red
- Engine size: 2.8L VR6
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Power options: Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: FWD
- Interior color: BLACK AND TAN
- Safety options: Anti-Lock Brakes
- Options: CD Player, Leather Seats, Sunroof
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1993 Volkswagen Corrado SLCI purchased this car two years ago because it was the perfect Red Corrado that I sought out for years and finally came across.
The previous owner spared no expenses on the car with over $10K spend on the paint job alone! This paint job involved a full strip down and all trim pieces were replaced during re-assembly NEW OEM parts!
I bought the car exactly two years ago and spent another $3000 taking care of even the smallest scratch and ding. The result is the most awesome show quality Factory color Flash Red Corrado SLC.
This car is part of my collection of cars that I would own "forever". Sadly, I'm having to sell it because ALL my cars are being sold off.
I've driven it no more than 500 miles since purchasing it mainly because I have so many cars. It's been sitting inside an air controlled warehouse for the past 2 years mostly with occasional short drives around the block and strolls through the boulevard.
The odometer shows 144K miles, but the car looks and drives like it has 14K miles. Virtually everything looks new on the car both exterior and interior. The engine runs strong and the transmission shifts smooth like butter.
Engine and power wise, everything is 100% stock except for a custom catback exhaust system installed by the previous customer. The car sounds awesome as it makes the unmistakable VR6 engine sing, but not overly loud to bother the neighbors. The car sits on perfectly lowered suspension and sports MK4 GTI 5 spokes wheels that fill the fenders perfectly. Tires are nearly new.
Other good things about this car (besides the perfect body and Flash Red paint throughout):
- No leaks of any kind
- Starts, runs, sounds awesome
- Everything is clean and tidy under the hood. Not a rats nest like a lot of Corrados I checked out in the 10 years it took to find this car.
- The interior is pristine with all new interior parts and controls knobs throughout. There are no worn or faded plastic parts anywhere.
- Pretty much everything works including the speed sensitive rear spoiler and sunroof, along with the powered windows.
- The paint job makeover features shaved door handles and along with this a nifty entry feature that utilizes an electric window rolldown function. Works very well and very reliable!
- The car was built to be show quality so the previous owner (who was an upholstery shop owner) added tan Alcantara accents throughout the interior including the dash and headliner. Very nice and very expensive high quality stuff!
- The car features updated fog lights and e-Code headlights
This car is fit to be a perfect daily driver and has the looks and sophistication of my 993 Porsche 911. The Corrado design is timelessly modern which seems to be even more true with age. This is just a great representation of a road going Corrado.
Some small issues:
- There is a crack in the windshield. It doesn't bother me and I rather leave it alone to give it character.
- The A/C needs a recharge
- The fuel pump relay appears to be intermittent. For that reason, I have a switch to turn it on at the dash until I have more time to diagnose it. Coincidentally, I thought the fuel pump itself was dead so I installed a brand new OEM fuel pump only to realize that problem is in the relay.
Those are the only issues that I'm aware of.
One key note on the interior of the car. You can see how well and clean it is in the pictures. With regard to the rear seat, THERE ISN'T ANY! The previous owner had a big huge custom speaker box that occupied the entire rear section of the interior. My decision when I bought the car was to REMOVE the speaker box and to restore the rear seat and parcel shelf. Sadly, the previous owner did not save the the rear seat and it was lost.
So just to be clear, there is no back seat in the car and there is no rear parcel shelf or spare tire. It's all missing. The only thing in place back there is a lot of "dynamat" an expensive sound dampening material that the previous owner placed back there for improved sound quality. I can provide pictures of the rear upon request. I've gone as far as removing the unwanted parts back there, but I've only collected and re-purchased *some* of the parts to restore the rear seat and parcel shelf. Sadly I've run out of time and have to sell now so the next owner will have to continue this task once he/she takes ownership of the car. It's almost there. I will include the parts that I have picked up as part of the sale of the car. You will have to seek out a few more little parts. That is if you even care about the back seat at all. I also purchased a very clean set of used OEM tail lamps that I have not installed yet if you do not like the clear aftermarket ones on the car.
Bottom line is I paid a lot for this awesome car two years ago to go into my collection of fine cars. I paid a lot of money to transfer it, taxes, yearly reg fees, etc. I also paid a lot of money for the additional work to make the paint 100%. I spent more money collecting parts for the car because I wanted to make it even more perfect. As you can see, I had not planned on selling this car..EVER. But I have to face the fact that I'm old now and can't hang onto my toys forever. If this car is THE Corrado that you have been looking for, please bid! Any questions, please send me a note! Thank you!