1973 Volkswagen Thing, Matching Numbers, Complete Restore, New Side Curtains etc
- Condition: Used
- Make: Volkswagen
- Model: Thing
- Type: 4-Door Convertible
- Trim: RWD Manual
- Year: 1973
- Mileage: 28,911
- VIN: 1832840191
- Color: Cream w/ Blue Accents (Acapulco Theme)
- Engine size: 1584cc Twin Carbs
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual 4 Speed
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Options: Convertible
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1973 Volkswagen ThingHISTORY 1973 Volkswagen "Thing"
- All Original Car (with exception to the Acapulco Color Scheme) The car was originally Blizzard White.
- Mechanicals of this car are great and starts every time!
- Maintained and serviced throughout it's life by a European Dealership
- Professional "frame on" restoration - Stripped to bare metal and all body parts removed
- Two new OEM Fenders
- All glass removed, gaskets and hardware replaced
- New side curtains have been installed
- The car was in great shape and has been taken care of it's entire lifetime
- Car has been metal prepped with all necessary work performed, epoxy primed, all paintwork is basecoat / clear coat and in exceptional condition
- All brakes gone through
- All books and records available
- Rare Eberspacher gas heater
- Spare tire and jack
This car has believed to be a two owner car before we obtained it - due to it's rare availability we decided to make the investmentof time and moneyto do a frame on restore which we worked tirelessly to complete. We can assure you that you won't find a cleaner "Thing" out there. It's truly a collector and any garage would love to have it.
What is that Thing?: The Type 62 Kubelwagen was produced during World War II Germany's need for a utility vehicle in the mold of an American Jeep. After the war the car was no longer produced, but it was brought out of mothballs in 1968 when the Mexican Government decided to enter the automobile industry. The old Kubelwagen now became the Safari in Mexico, the Trekker in Great Britain, The Kuriewagen in West Germany, the Pescaccia in Italy and the Thing in the United States. An ad at the time read "Take off the doors, fold down the windshield and you've got an instant Dune Buggy." The car was only distributed in America in 1973 and 1974. This 1973 Volkswagen Thing Custom Convertible is unique with it's Acapulco style theme. Painted white with blue accents. a 1584cc flat-4 engine mated with a 4-speed gearbox, it's a FUN car!
This vehicleis completely restored down to bare metal and absolutely beautiful. IF you want to have something fun and unusual this car is for you. With the attention to detail during our restoration, there is nothing left for it's new owner other than a trip to the beach or a cup of coffee!
Any questions please call our office 262-662-4511