Volkswagen Beetle - Classic Convertible - Barn Find - One Owner
- Condition: Used
- Make: Volkswagen
- Model: Beetle - Classic
- Type: Convertible
- Year: 1970
- Mileage: 91,421
- VIN: 1502757006
- Color: Yukon Yellow
- Engine size: Original
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: Original
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1970 Volkswagen Beetle - Classic
1970 VW Convertible Beetle – One Owner – Barn Find – 91,421 original miles
This one owner bug, Yukon Yellow (L19K paint code – convertible color only) with black interior, manufactured in April of 1970, VIN # 1502757006. Car was purchased on July 7, 1970 from Victory Sales Corporation, authorized VW dealer in Portsmouth, Virginia by Mr. Clayton Robertson. I have the original plastic VW Customer Identification Card and the original owner’s manual. Car has the dealer maintenance records up to 36,000 miles.
This bug was driven until 1984 when disassembly was started for a complete restoration by the owner. Mr. Robertson had the floor pans professionally replaced and then like many projects was placed in dry storage for the next twenty-five (25) years. Mr. Robertson never got back to working on the restoration and asked a friend to sell the car which is when I purchased it in 2009. The VW has now been in dry storage for another seven (7) years and I simply do not have the time to complete this project.
· All original, one owner convertible beetle, complete all original car with all parts except the windshield (which was broken in storage) and the original carpets.
· New black convertible canvas top, complete padding kit and headliner (white) - $700.00 value – came with the car when I purchased
· New top wood/bow kit with hardware - $500.00 value – came with the car when I purchased
· New rear luggage shelf repair panel - $350.00 value– came with the car when I purchased
· Original rear window
· Some other miscellaneous new parts – came with the car when purchased
· Body is very solid except where noted in “The Not As Good” below … pictures show what little rust in in this car.
· The metal “U” channel (where the rear tension cable attaches the top to the car is in great shape) … no rust.
· Doors open and close perfectly.
· All five (5) original steel wheels, tool kit, etc.
· Clear Virginia title in my name.
The Not As Good:
· Car needs complete restoration unless you want to build a very cool survivor car and leave all of the original patina.
· Rust repair required (see detailed pictures) both left and right quarter panels require minimal rust repair just below where the convertible top attaches. Easy to cut out these small sections and replace with new metal. Rear luggage shelf area … overall the original rear luggage shelf is solid but both the left and right bottom sections where the tray pan fits the inner fender wells needs to be replaced. Included with the car is a new rear luggage shelf repair panel which can be used to completely replace the complete rear luggage shelf or simply cut repair panels out of the replacement luggage shelf repair panel to fix the rust in the original luggage shelf.
The Extra Stuff: (left over from other projects) – take all, none, whatever you want!
· Five (5) Porsche phone dial wheels with tires
· Four (4) Sun Bug steel wheels – wider than original – take a P205-70R15 tire.
· One very nice original drivers pre- 1966 front fender
· One very nice original pre- 1966 deck lid
· Two pre-1966 remanufactured front fenders
Please look at pictures and ask questions before bidding. Car is sold “AS IS”
Sale is final and requires a $500 deposit to my paypal account within 24 hours after the auction ends. Balance in cash at time of pick-up. Car must be picked up no later than 2 weeks after the close of the auction. Winner to contact seller within 48 hours to finalize details regarding pick-up. You will need a truck and car trailer to get the car and all parts.