Very Good Condition, Orange/White, Volkswagon Crew Van, Drop down truck Panels
Price: US $26,000.00 Item location: New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Volkswagen
- Model: Bus/Vanagon
- SubModel: Type 2 Double-Cab Pickup Truck
- Type: Extended Crew Cab Pickup
- Trim: Cream
- Year: 1968
- Mileage: 1,208
- VIN: 268104601
- Color: Orange/Cream
- Engine size: New Less than 1500 Miles
- Number of cylinders: OHV 4 Cylinder
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: 4WD
- Interior color: Cream
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1968 Volkswagen Bus/Vanagon Type 2 Double-Cab Pickup Truck1,850 cc air-cooled, orizontally opposed OHV four-cylinder engine, ual Weber twin-choke carburetors, our-speed manual transmission in rear transaxle, ndependent front suspension with transverse torsion bars and upper/lower trailing arms, ndependent swing-axle rear suspension with trailing arms and torsion bars, nd four-wheel hydraulic drum brakes. Wheelbase: 94.5"
- Completely restored about seven years ago
- Higher-output VW flat four engine; desirable accessoriesWhen the boxy, eetle-based Volkswagen Type 2 Transporter first arrived on American shores in 1949, ts effect and influence was immediate, s there was truly nothing else like it on American roads. Using standard Beetle components, t was easy to operate and maintain, uickly gaining worldwide acceptance as a highly effective, lbeit utilitarian, ay to transport cargo and passengers.Eventually dubbed the “Microbus,” Volkswagen’s unique Transporter was relentlessly refined through 1967 and then revised for 1968, volving into several different and very practical vehicles including single- and double-cab pickup trucks. With its combination of economy, racticality and anti-establishment flair, he Transporter, n all of its guises, as of course an instant hit with the Baby Boomers growing up in the 1960s and early 1970s.