1966 VW Bus 11 Window Walkthrough
Item location: Los Angeles, California, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Volkswagen
- Model: Bus/Vanagon
- SubModel: Kombi
- Type: Standard Passenger Van
- Trim: Walkthrough
- Engine size:
- Number of cylinders:
- Drive type:
- Interior color:
- Vehicle Title:
Want to buy? Contact seller!
1966 Volkswagen Bus/Vanagon Kombi
|1966 VW Bus. Very Clean. Runs amazingly well... a pleasure to drive|
- 2276 Motor built and balanced by Clyde Berg (son of the legendary Gene Berg, nd done at his old machine shop)
- Ported and Polished heads with oversized valves by Clyde Berg.
- Engle 110 Cam
- Lightened, -doweled Flywheel
- Hi-torque starter (no lockups)
- Dual 44 IDF Webers
- Mahle pistons and cylinders
- Carillo-style rods
- Pertronix ignition w/ rev limiting rotor
- Electric fuel pump
- Bosch mechanical/vacuum advance distributor (virtually no typical Weber 'flat-spot')
- A-1 Stainless Sidewinder exhaust with stainless heater boxes (sounds amazing and not obnoxious)
- Welded fan
- Porsche pulley for greater fan speed at idle
- All engine tin
- Large oil sump
- Remote oil filter
- Oil cooler w/ fan
- Final engine assembly and tuning by Oldspeed. Idles at 750RPM... no annoying fast idle from a bad tuning.
- Drop spindles and front disc brakes by Oldspeed
- Rear disc brakes
- Freeway Flyer Trans
- Straight axle kit
- Bilstein shocks
- New fuel tank and sender (gauge is off by 1/4 tank- needs rebuild)
- Windshield washer fluid bottle and sprayers are new and no fluid has been in them)
- All gauges are illuminated and operated by the headlight dimmer
- Custom headliner (base Kombis didn't have the teeth up front!)
- Period correct and year correct seats
- 8 seat belts (3-points in front)
- All new window rubber.
- Exceptional condition drip rail
- All rear floors and engine bay treated with POR-15
- New front glass (old laminates were bad)
- Euro headlights and taillights (rears are wired correctly!)
- Dynoed with the old Weber 40s on it and pulled 130HP at the crank!
- Custom speaker enclosure/storage in the back up top
- Steering wheel has been cut down and fitted with a beetle outer ring.
- Custom heavy-duty parking brake cables.
- Heavy duty accelerator and clutch cables (with throttle cable roller at fan shroud).
- Master power kill switch for storage and added security
- Can sit for months and start on first try... no excessive cranking with elec pump and hi-torque starter.
- 15x5.5 steel chromed wheels (not the crappy thin ones that flex either).
- Front beam has NOT been narrowed... so wheels do rub on some bumps... I couldn't make up my mind as to whether or not I should do it. If you switch back the the 15x4.5 steel chromed wheels (included) it will not rub.
- Garaged full-time.
- ODO says 16752. Mileage believed to be beyond odometer capacity. Less than 1000 miles on motor since rebuild.
- Missing VIN plate on overhead. Clean title
- Driver rear corner damaged and repaired at some point... not major... repaired but not with a new corner piece.
- Floorboard on driver side had a repair at some point... smaller than a sandwich
Comes with some extras too:
- Set of 40 IDF Webers that need new throttle shaft bearings
- Set of dual Kadrons
- T-Code ignition and deck lock, o that you can make an entire T-code keyset. VERY rare.
- Chrome passenger dash handle
- Cigarette lighter with ivory knob to match original knobs... can be mounted and wired to operate your phone charger
- Stereo has backup camera and (I think) optional navigation unit... screen slides out and open.
- plus some other things I can't remember...
The Bus is for sale locally and I reservethe right to end the auction/listing early.
International buyers are welcome.
Winning bidder must contact the seller within 24 hours after the end of auction and make arrangements for full payment at that time. A non-refundable $500.00 deposit is due within 24 hours of end of auction. The remainder is due within 3 days of auction end. The bus will not ship until full payment is made. If no contact is made within 24 hours seller reserves the right to re-list the vehicle, ell it to the next high bidder, r sell it otherwise.
Buyer is responsible for pickup or shipping of this vehicle.
Buyer acknowledges that this purchase is made "as-is" with no warranties or guarantees made by the seller.
Price is USDAnything else you wish to know, lease just ask. More pics available upon request. All offers are considered, ut please don't waste my time with anything ridiculous. This is a well-built bus.
Serious bidders only please