1972 Volkswagen Super Beetle Base 1.6L W/ Thousands of $'s worth of Extra Parts
Price: - Item location: Hesperia, California, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Volkswagen
- Model: Beetle - Classic
- Type: U/K
- Trim: Base
- Year: 1972
- Mileage: 35,000
- VIN: 1122606374
- Color: Black
- Engine size: 1.6L 1584CC 97Cu. In. H4 GAS OHV Naturally Aspirated
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: U/K
- Interior color: White
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1972 Volkswagen Beetle - ClassicI bought this bug from my friend who had purchased thousands of dollars worth of parts to do a decent restoration.
This is a clean title and the pink slip is in my hand. I just paid the dues and registration is good until November 2016. It has the original license plates.
As you can see from the pictures this thing comes with a LOT of new parts! I will name just a few but you can see them all in my pictures:
- Complete wiring harness
- Pop out rear driver and passenger side windows
- All window seals/rubber
- Stainless side moldings 7 pcs
- Floor insulation tarboard
- Fender rubber beads
- Tons of rubber replacement pieces
This thing runs good and strong, have had it for a few months now but have to sell it now as we are moving and I don't have enough room for all of my vehicles at our new place.
I DO NOT WANT TO SELL IT!!!
This is a great car, ts straight, he heaters work, t has a TON of brand new parts to finish it and there is minimal rust.
You will notice that the front bonnet is dented a little, omeone backed into my friend as he was sitting at a light. I cut the handle so I can open the lid, he car comes with a new handle. He had purchased a new lid but didn't realize it was for a non-super so that comes with the car as well. You can sell it and buy the right one for it.
The heaters work, replaced the heater cables for the front and back. The levers work great as well.
Below is a list of things my friend had done:
- Carburetor rebuild
- Engine 1600cc Dual Port and transmission rebuilt 35,000 miles ago
- 5 brand new tires 1,000 miles ago
- McPhersonStruts replaced 1,000 miles ago
Below is a list of things I did to it:
- New brake mastercylinder installed
- 2 new brake light switches installed (German)
- New speedometer cable installed
- New front and rear heater cables installed (HEATER WORKS)
- New bulbs all around installed
- New fuel lines installed
- New heater hoses installed
- New fuel filter installed (away from engine)
- Oil and filter change 5 miles ago
Again, hate to sell this thing as all it needs is some time and this thing would be a good looking and reliable car. Let me know if you have any questions at all.