1987 Vanagon SYNCRO
Price: US $1,000.00 Item location: New Hartford, Connecticut, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Volkswagen
- Model: Bus/Vanagon
- SubModel: overnight package, fold down rear seat and cushions
- Type: Standard Passenger Van
- Year: 1987
- Mileage: 188,525
- VIN: wv2yb0252hg018493
- Color: Red
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: 4WD
- Interior color: Gray
- Options: CD Player
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1987 Volkswagen Bus/Vanagon overnight package, fold down rear seat and cushions1987 Syncro Vanagon, aily driver. Runs well, rives well. Rear locker works well. 5 speed transmission with the granny gear. I've owned and maintained this Bus for the last ~15 years. Exterior is ~7, nterior is ~7.The bad:
- I will include the rear speaker pods that have be removed with a half-hearted effort to replace the blown speakers. Only one speaker working in the van.
- Rust under the rear slider, nd opposite on drivers side. Rust in the footwell on the drivers side. Dents and surface rust at the aft end of the slider. Rust at the forward gas tank mount. Needs gas tank mounting straps installed. Stainless straps included. Other additional typical rust areas. This Vanagon is typically rusted for the northeast.
- Body work performed in the cowl below the windshield that's cracked.
- Starter may require replacement.
- Non original carpet in the passenger compartment.
- Fuel gauge inoperable, uel managed by mileage.
- 4WD transmission just rebuilt. 3-4 sleeve coupling replace, eals, asket, earings.
- Replaced rear main seal.
- Replaced clutch, ressure plate and throw out bearing.
- New brakes front and rear. Rear replaced ~1 year ago, hoes and wheel cylinders.
- Correct Michelin tires not new but have ~90% tread.
- Negligible vibrations from the driveshaft.
- I would drive this vehicle cross country.