1958 Palm Green Sand Green Volkswagen 11 Window Bus
Price: - Item location: Huntington Beach, California, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Volkswagen
- Model: Bus/Vanagon
- Type: Bus
- Trim: Palm Green Sand Green
- Year: 1958
- Mileage: 11,449
- Color: Palm Green Sand Green
- Engine size: 2180cc
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Drive type: Manual
- Interior color: Beige Mohair
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1958 Volkswagen Bus/VanagonUp for sale is my 1958 Palm Green Sand Green Standard Bus
This is an excellent running and driving bus, nd has had work done by the best VW Shops in Southern California, ut it is an old bus and does have some standard issues.
- 2180cc Engine
- 4" Narrowed Adjustable front beam with dropped spindles
- Lowered rear via 1968 Transaxle and eliminating gear reduction boxes
- Freeway Flyer 4th
- New Nose Clip and Rust Removal from front end by West Coast Classic Restorations
- Original Middle Seat!!!!
- New correct Mohair Headliners and correct interior Panels installed by West Coast Classic Restorations
- Front and Rear Safari Windows and Six Side Pop out windows installed by West Coast Classic Restorations (Windows purchased from by Wolfgang Intl)
- Front Wilwood Disc Brakes installed by Old Speed
- Electrical work performed by Old Speed
- Uncut dash and correct pressed bumpers
- Flat 4 BRM Wheels
- While the paint is Palm Green/Sand Green, believe the original color was Sealing Wax Red, s red paint is visible in the engine bay and various hinges. I cannot make out the VIN Number stamped in the body and have not requested a birth certificate to double check my paint assumption
- There is come cracking in the paint in back rear corner. I assume this is due to bondo
- There is some paint missing from the rear fender, bout a half dollar size (can be seen in pic)
- There is rust underneath. There are no holes anywhere in the pan, ut there is some visible rust under the bus
The Engine is very strong and the bus cruises at 70mph with no issues, ut could definitely use a tune up. The lowered stance and favored Palm Green/Sand Green paint make this a popular bus anywhere you go. Its not a concourse bus, ut will be a fan favorite in any local show.
The bus is available to be seen/driven upon appointment. Please email first.
More pics available upon request