UNIQUE 1973 TRIUMPH STAG ROADSTER WITH CUSTOM LT1 5.7 LITER V8 CORVETTE ENGINE!
- Make: Triumph
- Model: Stag
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: LT1
- Year: 1973
- Mileage: 8,537
- VIN: LE2279UBW
- Color: Yellow
- Engine size: 5.7 LITER V8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: REAR WHEEL DRIVE
- Interior color: Black
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1973 Triumph Stag LT1
Offered for an appreciating new owneris this unique CUSTOM classic 1973 Triumph Stag Roadster LT1!
Finished in "Mimosa" yellow over black, this one-of-a-kind 45 year-old Brit features at its heart a 300 horsepower 5.7 liter LT1 Corvette/1997 Impala SS V8 engine with 18,XXX miles. [In stock for the engine produces 275 horsepower but with all of the emission eqipment removed, it is now about 320 horse, mated to a turbo 350 automatic transmission [8k miles]. With now more than double the horsepower of the anemic original Triumph 3.0 liter V8, this is NOT your average Stag! Convertedby Stag Engineering in Tampa, Florida, it's performance now matches its beautiful Giovanni Michelotti design! This stunning roadster features a Richard Lane BMW 5 series rear axle conversion and 5 series front disc brakes, the factory B-pillar rollbar hoop for safety [and I think it looks way cool as well!], folding factory canvas soft top with plastic window, beautiful upgraded eiht-spoke Panasport wheels with near new Nankang 205-60-14" rubber, updated Pioneer CD stereo, original leather-wrapped Stag steering wheel, genuine wood trim, B&M shifter and discreet LT1 badging! It is being sold with clean and clear title, original owner's manual along with many reprints of early Stag test articles.
Offered here with a low reserve, this is a great value for about the cost of the sales tax alone on a new, quickly depreciating V8 Jaguar!
THE BODY AND TRIM
The exterior of this 1973 Triumph Stag is in very good to excellent 99.9% rust-free condition overall. The striking Mimosa yelloweight year-old repaint has a very nice overall gleam to the finish with bright contrasting chrome bumpers and trim. The canvas soft top is also in very good condition aesthetically and functionally. There are a few expected rock nicks, scratches and other blemishes to the body finish along with one isolated corrosion hole underneath the car. I have dozens more photos of the car here:https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMUMnAXMixs4xx5H0wGwPUCuWpACFeYQaD7YeXIMKi6xD_-zEX1F8NPx56TOmVdOg?key=a2hTc1BtMHRUQ2xTdHZXWEJIdFBFR24zNmV1NlF3
As I hope is articulated in the photos, the interior of this 1973 Stag is in very good to excellent condition overall with what I am told to be ORIGINAL black vinyl upholstery, beautiful wood trim, original "Stag" leather-wrapped steering wheel, polished shifter, beautiful wood trim, nice carpets and door panels and all gauges in excellent working order. The lights, blinkers, heater, stalk-mounted horn, electric windows [they move slowly], all work as they should. The CD stereo works but reception is poor. Overall, this is one VERY lovely classic cockpit.
THE DRIVING EXPERIENCE
This classic Triumph starts well with VERY strong running LT1 engine, nice shifting automatic transmission, very good straight braking and solid, rattle-free suspension. The biggest issue is traction...as you can easily smoke the tires from a standstill or a first gear kickdown! Overall this is one cool classic cruiser with definite "sleeper" power when called upon!
See DRIVING video here:https://youtu.be/XTxtulTHgJI
DETAILS AND $$$$
1. This 1973 Triumphis being sold with clear and clean title and it is smog-exempt here in California due to the year [pre-1976]. It will be sold "AS IS" "WHERE IS" with no written or verbal warranties expressed or implied. Iinvite and very much welcome prospective new owners to come see, feel, drive and inspect this car in person.NOTE: There will be no post-sale inspections to determine whether you actually want to purchase this car. So, PLEASE bid thoughtfully
2.Zero feedback bidders please contact me prior to bidding or bids will be cancelled immediately. This car is also being advertised in other venues and I reserve the right to end auction at any time at my discretion.|
3. I will assist with shipping arrangements[buyer pays costs]. Irecommend Chris at Kelly's Auto Transport at 951-845-6224
4. Winning bidder pleasecall 650-350-8828 and/or email me thru ebay within 24 hours of auction close.
5. A $500 non-refundable down payment via Paypal w/in2 days of auction close.
6. Balance of purchase due viaCASH in person, bank wire transfer or certified funds within5 days of auction close thank you.
AND.....,,,,.PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO PHONE ME, EVAN AT 650-350-8828 TO REQUEST ADDITIONAL PHOTOS OR TO SCHEDULE IN-PERSON VIEWINGS AND/OR MECHANICAL INSPECTIONS.