The Ultimate Unrestored 1972 Triumph TR-6, Wire Wheels, Pimento Red, Overdrive
- Condition: Used
- Make: Triumph
- Model: TR-6
- Type: Convertible
- Year: 1972
- Mileage: 65,046
- VIN: CC81857UO
- Color: Red
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1972 Triumph TR-6
You are bidding on an all original, unrestored 1972 Triumph TR6 with Overdrive Transmission and factory Wire Wheels. The car shows only 65,000 miles and still has its original paint and interior. The car is Pimento Red with black interior, and black convertible top. The car is all matching numbers. The car comes with the British Motor Industry Heritage Trust Certified Copy of Factory Record for the car stating the following:
Certificate Number: 2017/1873
1. Make and Model Triumph TR6
2. Car/Chassis Number CC/81857-UO
3. Engine Number CC/81957-HE
4. Body Number 74737-CC
5. Specification LHD, North American Export
6. Colour a) Exterior Pimento Red
b) Trim Black
c) Hood (Top) Black
7. Date of build 12 April 1972
8. Date of Despatch 18 April 1972
9. Destination (Dealer) British Leyland Motor INC, Jacksonville, Florida, USA
10. Other number (Where Reorded) Key numbers â€¦.
11. Details of Factory Fitted Equipment Laminated Windscreen, Overdrive, Inertia Reel Seat Belts, Tonneau Cover, Michelin Redband Tyres, Wire Wheels, Heater
12. Other information This Vehicle was shipped from the Navyard Wharf Harwich, Essex aboard the vessel â€˜Titusâ€™
13. Issued to
14. Date of Issue 10 May 2017
The car is all original and rust free. It still has the original paint, original interior, original top, original tonneau cover, original convertible top boot, Jack, wire wheel hammer, and whire wheel knock off tool. Everything seems to work as it should. The car runs and drives great and overdrive works as it should. The car still even has an old set of Michelin Reband tires on it (I would probably replace due to age before driving long distance).
I purchased the car here in Tennessee from the estate of a Bronze Star Purple Heart Veteran. The car was part of his car collection and had been stored inside a climate controlled garage. Unfortunatly he became ill about 16 years ago was not able to start or drive his cars. I bought the car a little over a year ago and got the car back to running and driving condtion. The car does have a small dent in the drivers rear fender just ahead of the tail light, and about 3 small dents below the rear bumper on the drivers side. The damage is really not that noticeable and I donâ€™t feel they should be repaired.
This is a very nice car that would be a great museum piece, or take to car shows. This will make someone a great addition to their car collection.
The car is selling with NO RESERVE. Please feel free to email or call 865-621-4012 with any questions or to set up an appointment to come and inspect the car. If you win the bid and come here to get the car and for some reason donâ€™t like it you wonâ€™t have to take it.