Triumph TR6 Restored and improved
- Condition: Used
- Make: Triumph
- Model: TR-6
- Year: 1975
- Mileage: 70,000
- VIN: CF37567U
- Engine size: 2.5
- Options: CD Player, Convertible, Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1975 Triumph TR-6Selling my TR6. I bought this car to finish up an already good start to a restoration. I did full interior with leather seats and new door panels, bound carpets, new dash with refurbished and updated gauges (LED indicators and LED lighting) All gauges work correctly with the exception of a bouncy speedo. The miles shown are around 70k, but I'm not sure on the accuracy. I have replaced the gauge and the cable and it still bounces. The car has the overdrive and it works correctly with factory stalk mounted lever,
Here is a partial list of parts and a full parts book with receipts is included of the build.
- Soft top and hard top
- 7000 miles on rebuild engine, .030 pistons, Kent road cam(TH5/6), Adjustable cam sprocket, Roller rockers, dual valve springs, triple Webers, electronic ignition, oil cooler, spin on oil filter, electric cooling fan, gear reduction starter, aluminum flywheel, 300ZX LS rear diff, headers and Ansa exhaust.
- Richard Goode Racing suspension with competition springs, Koni shocks, Front and Rear sway bars, Panasport wheels, and Goodyear tires.
- Pioneer CD stereo with Pioneer coaxial speakers mounted in rear panel.
- All new interior, leather seats, new door panels new custom bound carpet, new leather steering wheel correctly logo'd, new leather shift boot, shift knob, properly logo'd, new seat belts properly logo'd, new side and rear panels, nice logo'd carpet kit for trunk, new wood dash, new knobs, new wiper switch, new headlight switch, all new dash lighting with LEDs for indicators and back lighting.
I'm sure I am forgetting plenty, but I have receipts for all in a binder. In short, this car is way cool. Drives extremely nice at all speeds, overdrive works correctly and all gauges work correctly. The car sounds awesome with no leaks from the exhaust, but cosmetically it is not up to the rest of the build standards. The engine has a minor oil leak, but nothing any more major than any British car would have. There is 0 corrosion on the body or frame and no patch panels. Paint is an 8 by my book because I am extremely picky. No scratches or dents, but probably could use a good buffing. I removed front and rear bumper extensions and there are very minor scuff markings on the bumpers from them. I replaced all weather stripping and the doors shut nice with good side glass. The hardtop is very close to perfect with good paint and new weather stripping. Tan soft top is also very nice with a clear back window and no tears or scuffs. I would not hesitate to drive this car across country as its been completely reliable for me as it sits. It starts easy cold or hot and and drive ability is effortless. I have videos or car running and cold starting.