1974 Triumph TR6 Overdrive - Full Body Off Restoration
- Condition: Used
- Make: Triumph
- Model: TR-6
- Type: Convertible
- Year: 1974
- Mileage: 81,900
- VIN: CF23590
- Color: White
- Engine size: 2.5 Litre
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Chestnut
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1974 Triumph TR-6
1974 Triumph TR6 Overdrive in White with rare Chestnut interior.
Complete Frame Off – Nut and Bolt Restoration
This car was 100% torn down to the frame and sub assembly. Every nut, bolt and component was replaced or refurbished all the way from brand new suspension components to a complete brand new interior. The engine has had a complete rebuild of the bottom end with new thrust washers and rod and crank bearings. Oil pressure is a great 80-90 lbs cold and just around 35-40 hot. The Transmission was rebuilt with new synchro’s and the overdrive was serviced. The distributor and carburetors were professionally rebuilt. There is a complete Stainless Steel exhaust system fitted with the proper two exit pipe muffler. All new gas and brake lines were run in the correct steel and copper respectively. I have 100’s of pictures from the rebuild.
The body was completely stripped and professionally painted off the chassis, inside and out and underneath. Several body panels were completely replaced with NOS or current available parts. Most of the chrome parts were replaced with current reproductions except the front bumper (rear is a replacement with no holes for over riders – over riders both front and back are available with the car). The rear of the car is painted the correct black and the Triumph badge and overdrive badge are available to the new owner. It is fitted with Konig Rewind wheels and Falken Tires. Original rims are available (not refurbished). The rear still sits a bit high with the new springs as there are less than 300 miles on it since restoration.
The interior is completely brand new except for the dash pad and console. The dashboard was refurbished with new veneer, stained and varnished. All gauges and lights work including the floor well lights and switches. The carpet and seat covers were sourced from the UK as the Chestnut color is not readily available from the common vendors. Chestnut was only available normally on yellow and white cars in ’73 and ’74. It even has the correct chestnut color bristle flex door seals.
- Almost everything on the car – there are only 5 to 8 completely original things on the car that have not been extensively refurbished or replaced – the top cover, dash top, console, front bumper and windscreen.
Needs Attention (maybe)
- There are five small places in the paint that need touched up from reassembly
- Door gaps could be better, particularly the passenger door – did not spend time fussing with these. A professional can get them better than I can.
- Front bumper could be replaced unless you want to put the over riders on. It’s a 7/10
- I did not mount a front spoiler… I don’t care for the look but you can put one on if you wish.
- Radio delete – radio blanking plate is fitted. Hey, it’s a convertible.