1970 Triumph TR-6 with overdrive
Price: - Item location: Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Triumph
- Model: TR-6
- Type: Convertible
- Year: 1970
- Mileage: 85,338
- VIN: CC51809LO
- Color: Green
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1970 Triumph TR-6This auction is for a 1970 Triumph TR-6 with a Type-A overdrive transmission and knockoff wire wheels. We are the third owner of this vehicle, and are selling it only because we got a great deal on another roadster. The odometer reads 85,338 (picture included), but please bear in mind that it only goes up to 99,999 miles.
We have always garaged the car and and never drove it in the winter season. To the best of our knowledge, the prior owner did the same.
The car is currently British racing green, which is the color when we purchased, but this is not the original color. You can see a small bit of the original blue on the inside of the trunk or the engine well. The car also has the rear taillight panel painted green rather than the original black.
Major servicing and upgrades that we have had done, in addition to routine service:
- New clutch
- Rebuilt master brake cylinder and new brake hoses
- Rebuilt rear differential
- Replacement rear tubular shock abosorbers
- The carburetors were rebuilt and balanced
- New valve cover gasket
- New steering coupler
- New suspension bump stops
- New water pump
- New rear trailing arm
- New speedometer cable
We have a file of service records that go with the car.
Known problems or issues. These are documented in the pictures:
- There is a 1.25-inch tear in the convertible top, at one of the common stress points along the convertible frame. Its is easily repaired with a repair kit.
- There are two paint chips on outside of the drivers side wheel well.
- The hazard light switch is inoperable. We believe this is due to a bad switch, but have not sought a professional opinion.
Bottom Line:This is a drivers car, not a show car. Once it warms up, it runs like a scared cat. This is where the six-cylinder engine really shines. If you know anything about British roadsters, you know that it's at its best around town or an open, winding road. The car turns heads and is a consistent attention-getter.
Local pickup only. Final payment in cash or with cashier's check. If this car needs to be shipped, the buyer will have to arrange it and assume all costs.