Excellent Condition but Unrestored TR-6 with Factory OD
- Condition: Used
- Make: Triumph
- Model: TR-6
- Type: Convertible
- Year: 1974
- Mileage: 84,000
- VIN: F22046UO
- Color: White
- Engine size: straight 6
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Power options: Air Conditioning
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Brown
- Options: CD Player, Convertible, Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1974 Triumph TR-6
This is a very original TR-6 that's been driven regularly with professional maintenance and care by a British Auto Specialty garage in Fort Worth, X. I purchased the car in 2005 but it has been maintained by the same garage since about 97.
The car runs and drives incredibly well.
To my knowledge there are three items on the car that are not original equipment
- Electronic ignition (added ~2007) added by TR-6 mechanic
- Stainless exhaust (added ~2006) added by TR-6 mechanic
- Modern radio
- Original lifters (require a fuel softener for unleaded gasoline)
- Carbs rebuilt in 2015 (two single bbl)
- Added an electronic ignition in 2007
- Water pump replaced in 2005
- Alternator & starter rebuilt in last 5 years but I don't remember exactly when.
- Clutch adjusted regularly
- Factory overdrive
- Grommets & bushings, tc replaced as needed. I spent a few hundred dollars doing this when I first purchased the car.
- Rust free ( I tried to get some pictures, t's a SW car)
- Fuel tank recently cleaned (2015)
- Recently had the seats adjusted (only because I'm hard on the interior and they were a little out of whack)
- Car has a "dealer added" A/C compressor that worked when I bought the car. I've never used it and assume it no longer works - the value is likely in the fact that the system is still complete. The belt slipped off and since I never used it, didn't bother with it. The guy who runs my garage told me this was on the car when he first started working with it in the 90's.
- Redwall tires have good tread remaining
- I have a black tonneau cover as well that goes with the car
- I have a fiber car cover that goes with the car
- I have a white hard-top that I'll consider selling with the car but requires further discussion.
- There is a scratch on the boot (road debris) that did not penetrate the primer. (see pictures)