1986 Toyota Pickup 4x4 22R 5 spd RARE
Price: - Item location: Encinitas, California, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Toyota
- Model: Pickup
- Type: Standard Cab Pickup
- Trim: Base
- Year: 1986
- Mileage: 224500
- VIN: JT4RN63R5G0075440
- Color: Tan
- Engine size: 22R
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Power options: Air Conditioning
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: 4WD
- Interior color: Brown
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Options: 4-Wheel Drive, Cassette Player
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1986 Toyota Pickup BaseListing my 1986 Toyota Pickup for auction. This is a lifetime southern California owned truck (bought at Clovis Toyota by the original owner) and I am the 4th owner.
First and foremost, this truck has received a donor engine from a 1985 Toyota Pickup that was totalled at 2,000 miles. The engine sat in the owners garage until 2011 when they revived the long-dormant 22R by completely disassembling it and mechanically restoring it to better than new condition. On the head, the intake valve seats were cut with a 5 angle seat to improve airflow. This was performed by 22reperformance. The donor engine also received metal backed timing chain guides and everything was verified to be within Toyota's original specification. As it sits now, the engine in the truck has ~20k miles. This truck doesn't leak any oil or smoke at all. Truly a rare find.
The engine was mounted in the truck and an oil analysis was conducted with Blackstone labs that came back clean. No signs of future component failure or undue wear on parts.
Because this truck has lived its entire life in Southern California, the frame is rust free.
When I purchased the truck, I went through it with a fine tooth comb. Since September of 2018, I've performed the following maintenance on this truck:
- Replaced all 4 shocks with Bilstein 4600
- Replaced steering stabilizer with Old Man Emu/ ARB
- Replaced upper and lower ball joints with Toyota OEM parts
- Replaced both entire tie rod assemblies with Toyota OEM parts
- Replaced all 4 lower control arm bushings with Toyota OEM parts
- 4 wheel alignment
- Replaced clutch master and slave cylinder and replaced fluid with Toyota OEM parts
- Replaced original gauge cluster with Toyota SR5 cluster (includes tachometer) and had mileage professional adjusted to match the current mileage (odo and trip odometer both work properly)
- Replaced original AM/FM radio with later model Toyota AM/FM cassette stereo
- Replaced original speakers with Kicker speakers
- Added a Toyota OEM Quartz clock
- Replaced battery with Interstate AGM battery and replaced battery cable terminals
- Replaced catback exhaust/ muffler with OE style exhaust
- Replaced engine V-Belts for A/C and Alternator
- Replaced all 5 tires with BFG KO2 30x9.5 tires
- Replaced engine air filter, fuel filter
- Replaced engine oil and oil filter
- Drained and refilled both differentials, transmissions and transfer case with Redline Fluid
- Had the windshield pulled, repaired small rust spot, repainted that area, replaced with new windshield
- Replaced windshield trim with new Toyota OEM parts
- Replaced shifter bushing and socket with Marlin Crawler parts
- Fixed the horn (common problem with the contact ring/ clock spring)
- Replaced camper shell handles with better locking units
The driverside of the bench seat does have a hole in the vinyl, this is common with age. I've had quotes to reupholster the seat, but I couldn't decide on a fabric type, so I'm leaving that up to the new owner.
The truck bed has some surface rust where some items have rubbed the paint off. There is ZERO rust behind the bed walls, I've pulled them off and completely cleaned out any leaves and debris behind there. It looks factory fresh behind the bed walls.
There are a few small dents on the passenger and driver doors on the cab, but those are easily sorted out with some paintless dent repair.
This truck is truly a rare find, considering the condition of the mechanical components and the overall condition and care that has gone into maintaining and preserving it. I have a stack of maintenance records dating back to the second owner and 3 crates full of parts that will go along with the truck.
I'm happy to provide more pictures, if interested. Just send me a message.
Bid with confidence, check my feedback.
I can assist with arranging shipment, but any and all shipping arrangements are at the expense of the buyer.