1986 Toyota MR2 (Near factory complete Mk1) Rare, Clean & ready 2 drive!
- Make: Toyota
- Model: MR2
- Type: Coupe
- Year: 1986
- Mileage: 123021
- VIN: JT2AW15C2G0059761
- Color: White
- Engine size: 1.6L l4
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black and light grey
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1986 Toyota MR2
A beautiful White with Black trim 1986 Toyota MR2. These 1st generation body styles are quickly becoming collectable and rare too ... especially in operating condition. Other than maybe the wheels, everything about this car is all still factory original. I bought and have been driving the car as my daily, since May of 2017. I believe the car had 2 owners before me, but it could have been just 1. It had 105,000 miles on it the day I got it, and it now has 120+ . In recent time I'm driving it much less, maybe 1-2 times a week. Almost everything works on the car as it should, but I'll note what works, and whatever else.
1. The paint is original and still has a pretty good shine ( not a show car paint ). There are a few nick, marks, and touch-up spots that can be seen up close. Overall the paint is still very good. The plastic front/back bumpers have some wear and scratches, but have held up well considering the age.
2. The tires are good w/ some good tread left.
3. The wheels are not the original factory set. The prior owner installed a sharp looking aluminum alloy set, though I'm not sure of what brand they are ... they were a costly set.
4. Front trunk area is clean with good spare tire, jack, and other tools needed for changing a tire ( in the original Toyota MR2 bag )
5. Good clean engine bay. The back trunk, though small, is a surprisingly nice size ... and very clean too.
6. Windows are good all around, a couple of small pin-head-size nicks I think. They've been tinted too, good and dark.
7. Wipers are new and work well.
8. Inside the car is excellent, factory original, and has been well maintained.
9. Electrical is good and all the gauges work.
10. Auto-Transmission with Overdrive control, still shifting smoothly
11. Radio works but the tape deck doesn't.
12. Speakers work and are okay, but not great.
13. A/C does work
14. Heater and rear defrost works
15. Lights inside, outside, and all around work fine.
16. Cruise control does work.
17. Brakes are good and work great
18. The car does leak a tiny bit of oil, but it has no impact on the cars operation â€¦ just a nuisance thing. I'm having that checked currently. It may or may not be corrected by the time the car sells19. Good on gas 28-29 hwy mpg. NOTE: I only use ethanol-free gasoline.
20. Have the original owners manual and a free & clear TITLE.
21. Brand new timing belt, battery, and alt, installed just this month. ( have the invoice )
22. Includes car cover,( if you want it - it's worn out) and a custom fit Sun shield visor for the entire front glass.
23. Garage kept. Smoke and pet free.
24. The "pin-stripe" Sticker decals ( below the doors ) are almost all intact, though over the years some are gone and/or peeling
25. The fresh/re-circulate air selector does not work. The control cable for that will need replacing. It is stuck in the re-circulate position.
The car is a beauty, it always garners attention and has been reliable. I'm only selling it because I need more hauling space, and frankly, I need the funds. Make this car happy, buy it and give it a good home.
I'm asking $10,000 or your best offer (don't be shy, just be reasonable ). Buy it and Drive It! That's all I can think of, if you have any questions please ask... THANKS and GOOD LUCK!
PS. This is my best effort to describe the car and it's condition. I make no guarantees and offer no warranties. The car is sold "AS IS" and is the sell is final once sold. This car is for sale locally, so I reserve the right end this listing at anytime should it be sold in that capacity.