1985 Toyota Supra P type, rolling chassis
Price: - Item location: Norwalk, Iowa, United States
- Make: Toyota
- Model: Supra
- Type: Hatchback
- Year: 1985
- Mileage: 185,195
- VIN: JT2MA67L5F0150950
- Color: Black
- Engine size: Was a 5M
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats, Buckets, console, power moon roof
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Gray
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Options: Leather Seats, Sunroof
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1985 Toyota Supra1985 Toyota Supra Roller
This car was originally bought in Wisconsin by my son. It was a clean car for it's age, adult driven and well cared for.
Originally a 5M engine with W58 5-speed (the engine and trans no longer exists, this car is being sold as a rolling chassis)
Black exterior gray leather interior
Full options from the factory
Manual adjustable buckets with drivers lumbar
Power Moon Roof
RR hatch sun shield
Aluminum Toyota Supra wheels/caps
Limited Slip Rearend
4 wheel disc brakes
This car has been in the family for many years. My son eventually replaced the 5M engine and 5 speed with a Supra Mark III 7M and 5 speed. During this time he upgraded many components that are included in this sale:
1/2" aluminum fuel line
Rear End center section was replaced with a Detroit True Trac and rear end bearings
Rear End gears were swapped for a 373:1 ratio, very rare gears to find for this set up
Front coilovers springs were a mod that was offered before a packaged bolt-on was available. 450lbs Eibach springs with
- Front has roll center adjusters
- Front/rear KYB AGX adjustable shocks
- Rear springs are 400lbs Eibach with custom made adjustable perch
- All bushings have been replaced with Poly bushings
- Rear subframe is solid mounted
- Rear has adjustable camber mods
- Both rearend half shafts have been replaced with rebuilt ones
- Tires are near new Cooper Cobras mounted on original supra wheels
- Wiring looms have been preserved through more plug and play changes to minimize wiring hacking.
- The exterior of the car is decent for original. It has clear coat peelings which you can see in some of the pics. Fenders, doors, hood, hatch all are in very good condition as is the floor pans and subframe.There is some ruston the quarters, very repairable.Fender flares are there and good, the door ding strips have been removed years ago so mounting spots exist. The interior is leathergray buckets, the previous owner replaced material in the drivers seat with original grain and color. Both buckets have typicalleather wear markings with some cracking but no big tears. Back seat is good as is the dash and console. Carpet is average. Thecar comes with near new Lloyd, fitted floor mats. Battery has been relocated to the rear hatch area. All rear mounted batterywiring is still in tact.
So this is a roller pretty much ready for a swap or back to original if you so desire. My son swapped a Toyota 7m and an R154 and then I bought the car for the engine and trans. I've seen LS engines as well as V8 Toyotas swapped into this body. The drive train was removed earlier this year, before that the car was driven often, but garaged in the winter.
I've reduced this cost from $2,600 on Craig'sList and chose the auction path. I reserve the right to end the auction early for the right offer. The rear end and interior are worth close to the starting auction price. I also have two additional Mark II wheels, an additional nose trim piece and a fender that can be negotiated in with the right offer. I did not put on a reserve price for this auction. I'm looking for a passionate Mark II person that will care for this car as well as it has been.
I would consider delivery in the Iowa area, if necessary and for a reasonable cost