1974 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40.... Body-off restoration!
- Make: Toyota
- Model: Land Cruiser
- SubModel: Fj 40
- Type: SUV
- Year: 1974
- Mileage: 43,000
- Color: unfinished
- Engine size: 4.3 V6 Chevy
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Power options: Steering
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: 4WD
- Interior color: unfinished
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Safety options: 4-wheel disk, power brakes, power steering
- Options: 4-Wheel Drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1974 Toyota Land Cruiser
1974 FJ 40 Land Cruiser 4x4 – NO RESERVE
Body-off Restoration …$17K invested, 90% complete
Includes a 2002 Chevy 4.3 V-6 with 4L60E auto trans ~43K miles
Following are most of the NEW parts:
1. Oversized aluminum radiator, hoses, fittings and electric fan
2. Rough Country 4” lift kit with new springs/poly bushings and shocks
3. 4 Wheel Disk brakes (¾ ton Chevy truck rear & Monte Carlo front)
4. Disk brake power booster
5. K&N air filter and plumbing
6. Energy Suspension Poly body mounts
7. Por 15 frame and under body coating
8. SS/grade 8 hardware throughout
9. All tie rod ends replaced
10. Power steering pump, hoses/fittings, and tilt-column steering
11. Bimini top
12. Sport front racing seats with harnesses
13. Jump seat covering
14. General Grabber tires, custom wheels, spacers, and lock nuts
15. “Painless” (type) wiring and fuse block kit
16. Gauges (multiple types ...GPS/full electronic/etc)
17. SS headers
18. Advance Adapter setup
19. PCM setup by dealer
20. Toyota lights and hood bumper blocks
21. Drive shafts by Dave (new joints etc)
22. Fuel system includes high pressure pump, lines, fittings and filter
23. Aluminum diamond plate rear bed door
24. Misc steel framing, steel diamond plate, steel and aluminum diamond plate
Originally designed to be a street-able, rock crawler so stress plates installed on tub flooring, bed and under roll bar. Steel sub frame for lifting and for adding rigidity installed under front seating area. Steel lift bar (mounting for shoulder/body harness connect) and side to side reinforcement bar installed behind front seats, across roll bar. Tub corners patched with Gorilla Hair and aluminum diamond plate. Bed is steel diamond plate flooring as is under roll bar areas. Waterproof Gorilla Hair was used in all patched areas besides metal patching and reinforcement..
Includes HD winch mounted on front bumper, tow bar, second set of 15” wheels, full soft top and door framing, lots of misc parts and two thick binders of receipts, wiring guides and schematics.
Ran two years ago but gas is now too old to putz with it therefore vehicle does not run nor drive; could try to start since it was once running to verify correctness of computer reworking for application. Note, this was a project for my oldest grandson but he now wants something different. Note that I did not compromise on quality and safety, being something for my Grandson to drive on street.
Needs last of wiring from kit, dash fabrication, exhaust fabrication to mounted SS headers, body prep-painting, and interior finishing to new seating/harnesses. Now that I have decided to sell it, my loss is your gain. Sold as is.
Ask questions...I have a lot of before/after pictures, electrical wiring manual, and full build manual.
This vehicle is being sold as is, where is (you pick up) with no warranty expressed written or implied. All buyers are invited to ask questions and inspect vehicle before bidding.
Thank you for looking.