1979 Toyota FJ40 Landcruiser
- Condition: Used
- Make: Toyota
- Model: Land Cruiser
- Type: 2 door hardtop
- Trim: Fj40
- Year: 1979
- Mileage: 97,444
- Color: Green/White
- Engine size: 2F inline 6 cylinder (Factory) no smog equip.
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: manual 4 speed
- Drive type: Left hand drive (U.S)
- Interior color: Gray
- Options: 4-Wheel Drive, CD Player, Convertible
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1979 Toyota Land Cruiser31 year old FJ40, real head turner. You don't seen many driving around in this nice of shape. This is our family's 1979 FJ40 Landcruiser 4x4, t is a beautiful example of an unmolsted (minus the rear fender flares and 4" lift) land cruiser. The dash is in great shape, ll gauges work except the speedometer, t needs to be hooked up, he clip holding it has backed off. Drives nice @ 60-65 mph on the freeway. We just took it on a 300 mile road trip to Seattle without any issues. Motor is the factory 2F, ebuilt about 4000 miles ago, riginal 4 speed transmission, actory seats front and rear. It is garage kepted and cared for. We have a new project so we are giving it a shot at selling here on Ebay.
It does need a few things:
1) Tires eventually
2) Speedometer cable hooked up
3) Recover rear jump seats
4) Radiator Shroud (Has nice aluminum 4 core Radiator)
5) Hard top to body weatherstrip needs replaced, revious owner ran it without a top for a while and lost the pieces (About $300)
This is 31 year old 4x4, resh paint but does have very minor nick or ding here or there. No rust, o not expect a factory new vehicle. It runs great, ever abused and always taken care of. If you have any questions give me a call or email.
On Aug-05-15 at 19:26:06 PDT, eller added the following information:
Our FJ40 has a new clutch and clutch cylinder, ew master cylinder, ew alternator, nd a shackle Reverse kit installed on the front end to ease driving and bump steer. The power steering and steering box was professionally rebuilt as well. Makes it drive like its new. Happy bidding