1985 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ60, 1-Owner, All Original, Super Clean Colorado FJ!
Price: - Item location: Monument, Colorado, United States
- Make: Toyota
- Model: Land Cruiser
- SubModel: FJ60
- Type: SUV
- Year: 1985
- Mileage: 242,203
- VIN: JT3FJ60G4F1130605
- Color: Blue
- Engine size: 2F
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Power options: Air Conditioning
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: 4WD
- Interior color: Blue
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Options: 4-Wheel Drive, Cassette Player
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1985 Toyota Land CruiserUntitled Document Incredible 1-owner Toyota LandCruiser. Metallic blue exterior, blue/gray interior. Clean inside and out.
View video test drive
View 400+ high res photos
Recent tune up performed by Toyota certified mechanic including new thermostat, carb rebuild, timing, plug wires, plugs, fuel filter, cap & rotor, valves adjusted and valve cover replaced, A/C recharge with r134. Has been driven regularly and can be a daily driver. 4-Speed manual transmission and 4WD. Tires are practically brand new.
Purchased new in Denver, Colorado and then spent about 10 years in Texas before returning to Denver for the past 10 years. Just passed Colorado emissions in June 2017. Mostly highway miles from long road trips. Hardly ever taken off road and it shows!
This is one of the nicer FJ60s Sigfrids & Sons has purchased. Here are a few things that set it apart:
- Very clean interior: carpet, headliner, seats. You can tell it was cared for.
- The drivers seat was in very good condition but had the typical tear on the side, so I swapped it out for one without a tear and in almost perfect condition.
- All original including tool roll, tools, jack, and owners manual
- Well maintained by theowner, who was VERY meticulous about maintaining it
- Brakes are dialed in a stop/operate perfectly
- Original paint
- The back bench seat has little plastic clips that hold the lap belts up while you're raising//laying down the back seat. I've never seen these before on any other FJ60. I guess they must brake off easily.
- Drives straight and smooth down the road
- All the chrome pieces are there (rain gutter, around all windows and around front windshield)
- Two small rust spots on passenger side
- Bearing in the transmission is whining just a bit. Shifts just fine and could work long into the future. Good used transmissions with a 2 year guarantee are only $300 shipped from CruiserParts.net (see: http://cruiserparts.net/parts/fj60.html). These transmissions are easy to swap.
- Typical leak in the rear main seal (I've bought and sold around 20 FJ60s and they ALL leak here). A few drops a day. I recommend living with it until the clutch needs to be replaced as the seal is only around $20 but the labor to do JUST the seal would be in the $500 to $700 range.
- A few scratches and dents, but nothing major. The original paint is actually pretty amazing. A good buff and wax and it will look brand new.
- Dash has a crack by the speedometer, but I have a brand new dash cover that makes it look like brand new, that will go with the Cruiser
If you would like to come and take a test drive, please contact Chris at 970.227.9494 to schedule a showing. Shipping to be paid by the winning bidder. I recommend using Summit Auto Transport. I've used them over a dozen times and they are very reliable and have competitive pricing. You can get a free quote on their home page at www.SummitAutoTransport.com. The vehicle will ship from Monument, Colorado 80132.
-Vehicle is sold "as-is" and does not include a warranty. -I reserve the right to close this auction early as the vehicle is also for sale locally -Please email or call with any questions.
ABOUT SIGFRIDS & SONS
I (Chris) bought my first Land Cruiser almost 20 years ago. A 1973 FJ55. Rusty, brakes were a mess, but it shuttled me back and forth from my job. It was the beginning of the end.
A year later I sold the FJ55 and bought a 1977 FJ40. That was my daily driver until our first son, Ransom, was born.
We moved on to a 1993 FJ80. Then a 1996. Then another FJ55.
And so a passion for Land Cruisers turned into a bit of a hobby. Ok, my wife calls it an obsession.
Over time the hobby turned into a bit of a side job. Buying and selling Land Cruisers and Cruiser parts.
That side job has now turned into my plan to pay for my boys' college education. All proceeds from the biz go directly into my sons' (Ransom and Lewis) college savings account.
When you buy a Cruiser from Sigfrids & Sons you're not only getting a great Cruiser or parts for a great price, you're also helping give my boys an education (and they learn a ton about how to operate a business!)
Thanks for your support!
FJ60, FJ-60, FJ 60, FJ62, FJ 62, FJ-62, LC, 4x4, vintage, classic, car, auto, automobile, off road, off-road, FJ40, FJ-40, FJ 40, FJ80, FJ 80, 1980s, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 80', 81', 82', 83', 80, 81, 82, 83, Toy, Toyota, SUV, sport utility vehicle, wagon, woody, Jeep, Cherokee, Wagoneer, Range Rover, Land Rover, LR110