1979 FJ40 Toyota LandCruiser (FJ 40 Land Cruiser) Toyota Jeep
Price: US $26,999.00 Item location: Concord, North Carolina, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Toyota
- Model: Land Cruiser
- Year: 1979
- Mileage: 85,000
- Color: Blue
- Engine size: 4.2L V6
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: 4WD
- Interior color: Gray
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Options: 4-Wheel Drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1979 Toyota Land CruiserThis beautiful 1979 model FJ40 Toyota Land Cruiser was recently imported from the coffee region of Colombia. If you're not familiar with this area of the world, let me tell you that it enjoys spectacular scenery and nearly perfect spring-like weather, preserving these classic trucks like a time capsule in almost rust-free condition.
These virtually indestructible trucks evoke images of adventure in some far-flung country. The idea of the FJ40 being tough enough to handle the harshest conditions on the planet took root back then and has endured right up to present day. It solidified Toyota's reputation for building strong, reliable vehicles.
Our FJ40 is no exception. The vehicle is not completely flawless (it is almost 40 years old!) It does show a few signs of normal wear of a daily driver. It is, however, an honest truck that appears to have been well maintained and cared for. The bright blue color accented by the white fiberglass hard top and gray interior will definitely turn heads on the road and impress your friends at home.
We chose this vehicle in Colombia, and went through the extensive process of legally exporting from Colombia, and legally importing into the United States. We have clean North Carolina title, and all the export/import documentation is available.
Here is what we know about the truck. Please keep in mind that it is being sold AS IS. We are trying to describe it honestly, but also feel free to ask any questions you need to before purchasing, and if you would like to see and test drive before purchasing we will be happy to set that up for you.
- This vehicle was recently painted and partially restored by the prior owner. The paint is bubbling in some spots which you can see in pictures.
- The white hard top was manufactured and installed in Colombia. It has a few small scratches.
- The seats are not damaged or torn.
- Currently the truck does not have a thermostat; therefore the temperature needle always runs cold.
- The gas gauge is about 1/4 tank off. For example, it shows full when the tank is 3/4. Therefore, it shows 1/4 when the tank is EMPTY.
- The horn doesn't work.
- The emergency brake needs to be adjusted.
- The odometer currently shows approximately 37,000 kilometers. Based on the overall condition of the vehicle, we believe it's been around once and the truck probably has 137,000 kilometers (85,000 miles).
- We drove the vehicle quite a bit in Colombia and tested the 4x4 on fairly rough roads. It's in good working order.