1976 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 | Frame Off Resto-Mod
Price: US $37,500.00 Item location: Neenah, Wisconsin, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Toyota
- Model: Land Cruiser
- Year: 1976
- Mileage: 2,900
- VIN: FJ40213521
- Color: Dune Biege
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: 4WD
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1976 Toyota Land CruiserThis is an awesome truck. The engine starts and runs like a top. Drives out great. No issues with this rig. I bought this from the guy that did all the work over the past few years. I wish I was talented enough to do this type of work, but I'm not. Everything on this truck was gone through and most was replaced with new parts. He did this rig right. I love it, but I just don't get to drive as much as I'd like to. It's taking up precious garage space!
All the work described was done in the last 3,000 miles as part of the restoration of the truck. If you're interested and want to discuss the truck shoot me a message via eBay with your phone number and I will call you.
- Frame off spray of the body panels/pieces in Toyota Dune Beige. Rear quarter panels and the front fenders were replaced with new pieces during the resto. There is a flat spot in the paint on the driver's side rear quarter panel where a mark in the paint was resprayed...not very noticeable, but you can see if the lightening is right.
- Frame was fully removed and sand blasted and then epoxy coated in black.
- New springs and shocks all the way around from Cool Cruisers. It's roughly a 3 inch lift.
- New lighting all the way around the truck.
- New swing away rear bumper for the spare tire and jerry can holder (the swing away is extremely sturdy...it's a great addition to the truck!).
- New period correct OEM hub caps purchased for all five tires.
- New Toyota rims sprayed black
- 31x10.50r15 tires have about 2,800 miles on them. Could easily put 33" or 35" tires on if you wanted that look. Larger tires is the only thing I would do if I kept the truck.
- Roof was resprayed period correct white color
- Badlands winch mounted on super sturdy front steel bumper. Winch has a plug-in external hand control. Not a super expensive winch, but it does the trick if you really want to take this rig off-road.
- I also have half soft doors, full soft doors, and a like new bikini topthat I will include in the sale if the price is right.
- The truck has the full factory roll cage, which includes the front portion of the roll cage that comes down the A pillar and mounts in the front footwells.
- Interior of the the truck was blasted and sprayed in Toyota Dune Beige. Many of the floor surfaces were painted in flat paint.
- Front and rear seats were rebuilt and refurbished/recovered in new material. They are in perfect shape.
- New rubber seals around all the windows (except the small flip-out windows in the front doors) and door closures
- The dash gauge cluster was redone with LED lighting (so you can actually see the guages at night!)
- Below the dash toggles there is an aftermarket water temp. gauge and oil pressure gauge mounted to a steel plate that has been welded into the dash plate (it looks factory).
- New cubby box installed with Bluetooth mounted CD player. Also has separate DC and USB outlets. The subwoofer volume control is also mounted inside the cubby box.
- Speaker system is four Alpine speakers with independent mounts that are secured to the roll cage (can easily be removed if you want to change it). There is also a subwoofer mounted under the driver's seat with an amp.
- New headliner was installed.
- Interior LED dome lights (front and rear) mounted to the roll cage. These really light up the interior at night! Each light has a separate on/off switch.
- Front and rear heater system works perfect.
- Has the factory 6 cylinder 2F engine with 4 speed manual transmission.
- The following was done to the engine and ancillary components: cam was rebuilt, the head was rebuilt, new valves, new pistons, new water pump, new alternator, new carburetor, new distributor, new voltage regulator, new thermostat, new master/slave cylinder.
- Transmission and T-Case have new seals. Also new clutch and pressure plate.
- New axle bearings and seals.
- New gas tank and electric fuel pump.
- Radiator was chemically cleaned.
- Rear axle was upgraded to disc brakes.
- Power steering was added.
- Differential breathers are routed to a small independent air filter in the engine compartment.
- Fuse box is moved to the engine compartment (easier to access than the stock location).