1985 Toyota Celica - 89k original miles, clean title, registered, runs great RWD
Price: US $4,000.00 Item location: Sacramento, California, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Toyota
- Model: Celica
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: GT
- Year: 1985
- Mileage: 89,054
- VIN: JT2RA64C4F6255843
- Color: White
- Engine size: 2.4L 22RE 4 cylinder
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Burgundy
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Options: CD Player
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1985 Toyota Celica GTThis is a beautiful, unmolested "survivor" Celica of the last generation of rear-wheel-drive Celicas.This car is my daily driver but deserves a home where it can be kept indoors and out of the elements. It's one of the few not-rusty vintage Japanese sports cars out there and it would be nice for it to stay that way.It's in great condition for its age, well maintained, and about 99% rust-free. Clean title in hand, registered until April 2018, and passed California smog about a month ago (smog certificate is good for 90 days so you won't have to smog it). The interior and exterior are in great condition and I have a lot of maintenance records showing mileage increasing over the years. It has 89k miles because it was owned by an older lady until 2015. The head gasket and timing belt were done in 2014 and the 22re fuel injected engine runs fantastic. New battery last year. The electronics - power locks, windows, cruise control, A/C, etc - work great. It gets about 24 city/29 highway mpg. The tires are great and only have a few thousand miles on them. No known leaks - there was a very slow power steering fluid leak at the clamp that holds the hose to the fluid reservoir, but hopefully tightening the hose clamp a bit took care of it.
Recent maintenance (within 1000 miles):
- oil change
- new air filter
- new spark plugs
- new thermostat
- coolant flush
It has a few small issues:- the mirrors don't move. This is the biggest problem on the car. The motors work but I suspect that the gears are stripped. They both make noise but don't move.
- the front grill, rims, and headlight covers are faded from the sun- some of the black door molding have peeling paint (also from exposure to sun)
- there's a quarter-sized dent in the right fender (see photo) with slight rusting where the paint cracked
- the antenna doesn't go up, but the radio still works
- the original floor mats are missing
- 2 chips in the windshield
- one of the wheel center caps is missing. I'll try to find it, but no promises.- rust: a few pinprick spots on hood and roof where the paint chipped off, no bigger than 3mm. I've painted over the bigger ones with clear nail polish to prevent any further spread- past about 35mph there is a slight whine in one of the wheels, sounds like bearings. It whines in neutral and in drive but is fairly quiet.
Feel free to message me with any additional questions. I can send more photos of any specific parts you'd like to see.