1978 TOYOTA LAND CRUISER BJ40 DIESEL RARE FJ40 4X4
Price: US $13,000.00 Item location: Naples, Florida, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Toyota
- Model: Land Cruiser
- SubModel: BJ40
- Trim: YES ITS SVELT
- Year: 1978
- Mileage: 52,010k
- VIN: bj40013716
- Color: FREEBORN RED
- Engine size: B SERIES DIESEL
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Diesel
- Transmission: Manual 4 SPEED
- Drive type: 4X4
- Interior color: Black
- Options: 4-Wheel Drive, CD Player
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1978 Toyota Land Cruiser BJ401978 Toyota Land Cruiser BJ40 Diesel for saleNO RESERVE
I amselling our 1978 Freeborn Red Land Cruiser! I don’t even know where to start to describe how awesome this truck is. My family and I spent the last 6 months in Costa Rica and this was our trustedchariot. We bought it to travel the country. We put a little over 6500 miles on it during our time there. The truck is currently in Naples FL in my father's garage. I have owned many cars in my life and this was by far the most reliable and most fun. We are currently in Europe visiting family for the summer and the best way to contact us is by email or Skype.
LAND CRUISER HISTORY: I bought this car from a woman that owned it for a year, rior to that it was owned by a farmer for 30 years who took great care of it.
LAND CRUISER SPECS:
- The truck has a Toyota B diesel which is just about bullet proof, t is strong and does not smoke at all.
- Mechanically is solid and I would trust it to drive across the country without issue.
- No leaks under the hood
- Painted a few years ago. ( cleans up nice but could use a bit of TLC to get it perfect.)
- Roof rack was purchased separately and I was planning to clean it up and paint it with white bed liner but I could not find any in Costa Rica.
- It has locking hubs
- I purchased the 31 inch tires (have a receipt) and they have about 1000 miles on them.
- The radio works but the cd player has a cd stuck in it ( Bob Marley ) things could be worse there!
- All the lights work
- Interior seats are in good shape ( one of the jump seats in the rear has a small rip, ou can see in one of the pictures )
- Doors are in pretty good shape ( the driver's rear ambulance door needs to adjusted, t works but rattles a bit off road )
- Body is relatively clean the frame has a tiny bit of surface rust.( some Bondo on the truck but all in all its very clean)
- It drives straight and brakes well
- It has no heater or AC since its from Central America but you can purchase the parts to install
- It has a custom cut floor mat in the front.
- Sorry for the dusty sandy pictures. ( it was the driest dry season in years!)
BTW I am aware that the grill is upside down! It did not affect the performance of the truck so I left it as is ;)
Below you will find a link to our blog site and you can see and read about the truck. "Dragonfly" is an awesome rig and I am sad to see it go. It is a truck you can jump and start enjoying and if you want a show truck or custom truck you have a damn good start.
The pictures and videos should answer most of your questions but do not hesitate to e-mail, kype or call me. (message us on ebay and we can set up a time to talk)
I have applied for NYS title which should arrive within next couple weeks. You can check status here:https://transact.dmv.ny.gov/TitleStatus/
You can see videos of the truck on our youtube channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT5sFOhd7U_741NuTOfF0qw
Here is a link to our travel blog home page:http://www.upfortravel.com
here is link to our Instagram account you will find quite a few pictures of Dragonfly and a few movies as well:https://instagram.com/up_for_travel/
more pictures can be found on FLICKR: https://www.flickr.com/photos/63097331@N07/albums