1973 Toyota Celica ST with Manual transmission
Price: US $3,250.00 Item location: Lee, Massachusetts, United States
- Make: Toyota
- Model: Celica
- SubModel: ST
- Trim: ST
- Year: 1973
- Mileage: 119,521
- VIN: RA21097051
- Color: Blue
- Engine size: 18R-C
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Power options: Air Conditioning
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1973 Toyota Celica STWe found this 1973 Toyota Celica nearby a few years ago. The previous (second) owner of the car purchased it in 1981 in Colorado. She drove it to Western Massachusetts in 1986 and drove it until she parked it and covered it with a tarp in her yard a number of years ago (maybe 5-6 years before we bought it).
We thought it would be a fun project, bought it from her and got it running, moving around, and braking.
The interior is in pretty good shape for a 43 year old car other than the driver's seat which has several tears. The rest of the vinyl and the headliner are intact. Door cards are in very nice shape.
In order for the rockers to be welded the interior has been removed as can be seen in the photos. The car is complete. All interior parts are being stored inside and dry.
We have 2 manuals that will be included; a Haynes and a Chilton
Title is clear and in hand.
Here is what we have done so far
- had welded in full rockers on both sides (sourced from a 1972 California Celica)
- had welded ina cowl/upper firewall
- had the carburetor rebuilt
- installed a new fuel pump
- installed new ignition parts (cap, rotor, points, coil)
- had the gas tank refurbished (it is better than brand new)
- purchased and installed all new brakes and lines, front and rear
- purchased MKII wheels and Yokohama S drive tires as shown on car
- lower rear quarter panels
- passenger side fender
- rear drivers side window as it has the chrome part on it
- the rear quarters have a lot of bondo; we bought lower rear quarters from a CA car; additionally, there is a Canadian sheet metal manufacturer (Wolf Steel, Frelighsburg, QC) that manufactures new sheet metal for older car restorations and has full rear quarter panels available as far as I know
- the trunk lid has some bondo
- the hood has a couple of holes rusted through as seen in one of the pictures. It does not appear to have ever been damaged/bent in any way
- driver and passenger floor boards have rust holes that will need repair.
- all nuts and bolts have been saved
- the car had air conditioning; the compressor was removed in order to install the fuel pump
- The 18R-C motor will start right up and idle
- It does smoke a bit so the motor will need some work if it will be re-installed
- the manual transmission seemed to work fine; we only moved the Celica around the driveway after we got it running and braking
(Note that the BIN price is less than the cost of just the parts and rims/tires. That amount does not include all the shipping we paid, welding, etc... I may not get the BIN, but I thought some of you may appreciate this information)