FJ43 1981Toyota Land Cruiser Hard Top
- Condition: Used
- Make: Toyota
- Model: Land Cruiser
- Type: SUV
- Trim: Hard Top
- Year: 1981
- Mileage: 150
- VIN: 00000000000000000
- Color: Freeborn Red
- Engine size: 4.2 Liter
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: 4WD
- Interior color: Gray
- Options: 4-Wheel Drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1981 Toyota Land Cruiser
THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR TAKING YOUR TIME AN INTEREST IN VIEWING THIS GOURGEOUS LAND CRUISER.
BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS, WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND TAKING 5 MINUTES OF YOUR TIME, AND PLEASE GO OVER ALL THE PICTURES, DESCRIPTION AND DETAILS OF THE RESTORATION PROCESS.
PICTURES SAY MORE THAN A THOUSAND WORDS SO LIKELY ALL OF YOUR QUESTIONS AND DOUBTS WILL BE ANSWERED. FOR INQUIERS, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO REACH OUT. VISITS AND TEST DRIVES ARE MORE THAN WELCOMED WITH A PREVIOUS APPOINTMENT.
You are looking at an exclusive and rare FJ43 Japanese Import Toyota Land Cruiser. Actual matching VIN number is FJ43-103884.
If you are looking at this car you will probably know that this version was never produced nor sold in and for the US Market, making it a very rare and desirable model to own. The very few FJ43s in the US have only been imported, and this one has been freshly restored by our team of professionals with over 45 years of combined experience dedicated to Land Cruisers and custom restorations.
This FJ43 went through a TRUE professional and comprehensive frame off, bolt and nut restoration. All original bolts and nuts were media blasted and yellow zinc plated, all other bolts and nuts such as the hardware on doors; hinges, mirrors, floors, headlamps and all around the tub, frame and sheet metals are stainless steel to even protect against corrosion.
We even decided to go the extra mile, and on every nut and bolt that makes contact with the sheet metal, we placed an additional plastic washer to avoid contact of metal with metal throughout the car. This will ensure even more protection against rust. Check out the pics!. Every single ball bearing, gasket and seal was replaced for a new one. This car has a Concourse De Elegance type restoration, and the pictures speak more than a million words, so please take your time to see them all. The car has been garaged kept in a climate control space since restoration and it will be until sold.
For the car collectors out there, this car is a perfect gem that will not only preserve its value for many years to come, but most likely increase.
If you’re looking for some fun and cool looking vintage truck to cruise around town, go to work, or even a beach cruiser to go with your kids and family, a trip to the mountains, or hitting your local trials, this it’s a true head turning 4×4 truck that will not disappoint, and will respond to whatever you throw at it. It will take you there, and back, over and over again doing what is was meant to do, getting the job done.
As Land Cruiser lovers, enthusiasts, Cruiser Heads and restorers, @Terra Cruisers proudly presentsthis FJ43. With over 1000 man hours invested in this beauty. It’s truly an immaculate restoration done the right way. From the ground up to last another 35 years.
The car has a clean and clear Florida Title ready to be transferred. Its new owner will receive all original paper work, documentation and every single photo of the restoration process step by step.
Please take your time and look closely at the pictures and every single detail from the restoration. Like we said before: A picture will say more than a million words…
If after seeing all the pictures and reading all the restoration details below you still have any doubts, questions or comments regarding the restoration process and or anything in particular, please feel free to reach out and I will try to respond as fast as possible. Visits and tests drives are welcomed.
Thank you very much for watching and good luck to all Bidders.
IF YOU DON’T LIKE THE WHITES STRIPES, (WHICH WE THINK ARE AWESOME) WE WILL GLADLY REMOVE THEM FOR YOU!
THE RESTORATION PROCESS:
CHASSIS AND UNDERCARRIAGE
- The entire frame and undercarriage parts were dismounted one by one, and sandblasted to bare metal leaving the main frame/chassis by itself with nothing attached to it to properly prep it.
- This included: axles, differential housings, drive shafts, leaf springs etc.
- Everything underneath the car was sand blasted, painted with 2 coats of marine grade anticorrosion and was later spray painted with a 3 step process primed and later painted in the original black Toyota finish like it came from factory.
- Every single screw, bolt, washer, and nut was either replaced for new Stainless Steel or media blasted to afterwards be yellow zinc plated.
- All bolts and nuts of the sheet metal have additional plastic washers all around to even protect the car against corrosion.
DRIVETRAIN AND SUSPENSION
- All new U joints front and back.
- Every single old bearing was replaced for new KOYO brand ones.
- All NEW seals, gaskets, and retainer in both axles.
- All NEW seals, gaskets, retainers and bearings in Gearbox and Transfer Case.
- Gearbox and Transfer Case were completely overhauled and professionally adjusted with OEM tolerances.
- Power Steering
- NEW bearings and retainers in both front and rear axle and differentials all around
- Fresh NEW oil in all differentials, gear box and transfer case.
- NEW set of 4 Leaf Springs all around.
- NEW extended CCOT HFS Barbell shackles with polyurethane bushings. (Best looking shackle in the market, bar none!)
- 4 NEW shocks with NEW bolts, nuts and rubber bushings.
- 2.5” Lift kit
- NEW steering dampener shock.
- NEW steering tie rods
- 5 NEW KM2 M/T 33x10.5x15 Tires.
- 5 15” OEM Toyota Wheels with hub caps.
- NEW AISIN Japanese Locking Hubs
- Power Front Disc Brakes with NEW pads, lines, pins, o rings and fresh fluids.
- NEW Brake booster internals
- NEW Brake master cylinder
- NEW Rear Drum brake cylinders
- NEW Rear Horse shoes’, pins, and spring kits
- NEW Clutch Master and Slave cylinders
- NEW Clutch Pressure Plate and bearings
- NEW Clutch Throw-out, and pilot bearings
- NEW Clutch Disc and alignment tool
- Brand NEW Engine! ( All internal parts were replaced NEW)
- NEW Pistons
- NEW Pistons rings
- NEW Pistons Rods
- NEW Valves and lifters
- NEW Kyosan Gas pump
- Every single gasket was replaced for a NEW one (Head, side cover, manifold, thermostat, fuel pump, valve cover seals, timing gear cover and oil filter gaskets)
- NEW Oil Filter
- NEW AISIN Oil pump
- NEW 4 Row radiator
- NEW Carburetor Kit
- Carburetor Professionally fined tuned
- All NEW spark plugs and cables
- NEW Distributor and new Battery
- NEW Stainless Steel full exhaust front to back
- NEW High Performance Stainless steel Magnaflow Muffler
Note: Engine was done by our team of professionals and certified technicians with a combined experience of over 40 years dedicated in repairing all Land Cruisers such as 40s, 60s, 80s and even 100 and 70 Series.
- All metal parts, doors, fenders, rear and front bumper, body tub were sandblasted to bare metal
- Rusted parts were replaced with new sheet metal primed and painted with a 3 stage PPG paint using the highest quality materials and industry standards.
- Original and matching Freeborn Red Toyota color code 309
- NEW Battery
- Upgraded to Electric Starter
- NEW wiring with correct OEM diagram all around
- NEW Alternator
- NEW Distributor, spark plugs and cables
- NEW 7” LED Round Headlamps
- NEW Front and Rear turning signal lamps
- NEW Ignition Coil
INTERIOR AND ACCESSORIES
- All seats were restored from the inside out
- NEW Inside springs of fronts seats were put in place for correct factory firmness
- NEW Leatherette upholstery done with new durable and UV resisting material
- NEW door factory gray panels
- NEW door locks
- NEW door pull handles
- NEW door window crank handles
- NEW Rear view mirror
- NEW Sun visors
- NEW window regulators
- NEW door catches and locks
- NEW set of door strikers
- NEW window channels and belts and squeegees
- All doors and window weather-stripping were replaced NEW
- 2 NEW round Pioneer 6” speakers
- NEW Vintage looking AM/FM, Radio with SD card slot, mp3 and USB connector
- All NEW Emblems front and back
- NEW Front and Rear turning signals
- NEW mirrors heads and arms
- NEW Locks and key sets
- NEW Stainless Steel windshield hood hooks and pads
- NEW Stainless Steel Hood Latch hooks
- NEW Door hinge pins
- NEW Radio Antenna
- 6 Cylinder 4.2 Liter
- 2F Gasoline Engine (Best Engine ever built by Toyota till this day).
- Left Hand Drive- Japanese Spec import
- Power Steering
- 95% Original sheet metal/Rusted metal was changed for new sheets
- Toyota’s H42 4-speed manual transmission
- A true workhorse/ and perfect weekender
- Exclusive, Rare and desirable FJ43 medium wheelbase never brought to US Markets
- Professional and comprehensive body/frame of, Nut and Bolt Restoration completed 1 month ago
- Frame and Engine correct Matching Numbers
- Front disc power brakes
- 100% Rust free body, bolts, nuts, washers, clamps, screws and undercarriage
- CLEAN TITLE READY TO BE TRANSFERRED!
- 95% of all Body and Mechanical parts are BRAND NEW! YES, FRESH NEW!
- RUST FREE CHASSIS and BODY
- 7” LED Round Headlamps
- Sport/short Front Bumper
- White Body Stripes
Sale includes copies of the truck’s original documentation and restoration photos
You might find other FJ43s, FJ40s, and BJ40s for sale claiming to be done professionally and even state to be frame off restorations. But most of them are done cutting a lot of corners in a true restoration process, like not even dismounting the body from the chassis and repairing the life of the car, engines and transmissions! We really take lots of pride in what we do especially when we do something that we love! Don’t let yourself be fooled. Feel free to ask any questions regarding details of the car, and the restoration process, and we will be more than to answer them on a timely manner. If you are also looking for a specific year or model, and any possibly accessory or we will restore it to your desires and customize any upgrades, just shoot as an email. @ TerraCruisers we humbly manifest our knowledge and love for these great cars with every single restoration, which for us is a work of art.