1982 TOYOTA Corona Sedan Luxury Edition **58,100 Original Miles**
Price: US $9,500.00 Item location: Encinitas, California, United States
- Make: Toyota
- Model: Corona
- SubModel: 22R Luxury Edition
- Type: Sedan
- Trim: Luxury Edition
- Year: 1982
- Mileage: 58,100
- VIN: JT2RT36E8C0028712
- Color: White
- Engine size: 2.4L 4-cylinder (22R)
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Power options: Power Steering, Power Brakes, Air Conditioning
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Tan
- Options: Tilt Steering, CD Player
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1982 Toyota Corona 22R Luxury EditionThis is a very unique and excellent driving "time-capsule" 1982 Corona with only 58,100 original miles.
It was purchased new by its only female owner at Toyota of Carlsbad in '82 and has lead a garaged life in San Diego ever since.
I cannot guarantee if the paint is 100% original, but i've had 2 shops look at it and they believe it is. Consistent metering all around.
Doesn't leak a drop of oil.
'82 represented the last year of Corona sales in the U.S., as the "Camry" was introduced in 1983 :)
- 1-owner San Diego Car Since New(!)
- 58,100 Original Miles
- Clean Carfax (will come with the car)
- 100% Stock (except for 90's Sony AM/FM/CD stereo head-unit)
- White over Tan Velour Interior (very comfortable with no tears- dash isn't even cracked!)
- 2.4L (22R) 4-cylinder Engine (carburetor was re-built 9-1-16 by best carb guy in S.D.; Rick Walker in El Cajon for $300)
- Automatic Transmission with Push-Button Overdrive
- Interior/Exterior Temperature Display
- All Gauges & Lights Function Properly
- New NGK R Spark Plugs Installed 9-1-16
- Power Steering
- Power Disc Brakes (stops surprisingly well)
- Newer Tires
- Newer Alternator
- Newer Radiator
- Original Owners Manual
- Original (period correct) Blue California Plates
Flaws: Inner & Outer Tie-Rods in front suspension area are worn. It steers well, but when turning in parking lots at low speeds, you can hear them popping ($300-$500 job depending on your mechanic). Needs a new Antenna. Original Sun Visors are there, but the fabric is deteriorating.
Headliner was beginning to sag, so it was taken out. The orangeish/yellow foam under headliner is uniform and clean (doesn't look bad at all). Interior guy quoted me $200 for new headliner (I will take care of that if reserve is met).
It is hard to believe this car is 33 years old. The seats feel like you are sitting on a comfortable sofa, and it gets looks of admiration wherever it goes.
If you are in the San Diego or Southern California area, you can contact me to see it. I can also assist with shipping, but paying to get it to you of course, is up to you.
On Sep-01-16 at 08:02:18 PDT, seller added the following information:
- Air Conditioning (blows very cold)