Fully restored 1985 MR2 - Supercharged Engine
- Condition: Used
- Make: Toyota
- Model: MR2
- SubModel: Mk1
- Type: Coupe
- Year: 1985
- Mileage: 175,000
- VIN: JT2AW15C6F0044680
- Color: Factory Red
- Engine size: 1600cc / swapped in SC
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Blk/Red
- Options: Cassette Player, CD Player, Sunroof
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1985 Toyota MR2 Mk1
Completely restored 1985 Mk 1 MR2 W/supercharged engine
MotorTrend's Import Car of the Year for1985.
- Swapped in 1988 SC engine, wiring harness and SC transmission.
- Rear defroster switch operated Intercooler fan
- Front relocated battery
- Grunt box
- Yokohama SDrive 205/45/R16 tires with Enkei wheels
- New professionally shot stock Toyota Factory red paint job.
- Custom exhaust
- Aftermarket sound with powered bass
- New windshield (Nevada - grrr!)
- All synthetic oils.
- Numerous add-ons swapped in from an '89 parts car - Quad speaker panels, front suspension stabilizer, "Toyota" logo rear window shade and every missing piece of hardware there was.
- Two extra superchargers - one working, one not
- 1989 MR2 parts car w/ tires with less than a few hundred miles on them. You can take the whole car or just strip off what you think you might use and I'll get rid of the carcass.
- Supercharger engine lid - I went with the sleeper look stock lid on the car
- Headers - Came with the SC engine but I never installed
This is a restored 1985 Mk1 MR2. With the exception of the AC there is not a single, "everything works but ..." or, "it works but you have too ..." on this car. Everything on the car functions 100%. I bought it 10 years ago in the Lancaster, CA area meaning it isn't just rust free, the underside of the car looks like it was painted yesterday. I've had it about 10 years and only put 2000 miles on it in that time. It has been garaged at all times and never driven in the winter. 7 years ago I located and installed the supercharged engine, trans and wiring harness. To be clear this isn't just an SC engine stuck on to the stock trans. This was a professional install including the SC transmission. You can not break this trans.
Truth in advertising:
- There is a crack in the left side of the front bumper
- Chips in paint near the rt. headlight, on the DS door and at the engine lid. The one on the door is less than a 1/16". I have what's left of the original paint for touch-ups.
- AC does not work. The compressor came with the SC engine and the guy told me it worked when he took it out. I can't verify as I never hooked it up and got it charged. Everything else is there too.
- That's it.