RARE Toyota Sera with 5 speed manual transmission. JDM RHD Washington title!
- Condition: Used
- Make: Toyota
- Model: Sera
- Type: Hatchback
- Trim: Base hatchback 2 door
- Year: 1991
- Mileage: 61,918
- VIN: 00000000000000000
- Color: Green
- Engine size: 1.5L 16v 5E-FHE
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: FWD
- Interior color: Tan
- Options: CD Player
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1991 Toyota Sera
For sale is my 1991 Toyota Sera with under 100,000 kilometers on the clock.
A note about the VIN:
This car is a grey market import into North America, so eBay doesn't recognize its foreign VIN, which is EXY10-0002915
This is a very unique car that turns heads wherever you go. Every time I've stopped, no matter if it's in traffic, or at a gas station, people flag me down and tell me how much they love the car. It's right-hand drive and has very unique doors. Whenever I get into the car or out, people flock to it, because the doorslook super cool when they open.The caris Washington State registered and driven daily. ThisSera features the 5-speed manual transmission(less than 15% of Seras produced had a manual) and uses the very efficient and reliable 1.5 liter 16 valve5E-FHE engine, which is a higher compression version of the 5E-FE found in most Tercels and Paseos of the same vintage.The Sera weighs just over 2000lbs and accelerates briskly, as the gear ratios are tightly spaced, yet the final drive has you doing around 2700rpm at 60mph, sothe motor is sedate on the freeway.I routinely enjoy 40mpg+ with AC running in mixed use driving.
The Sera comes with the standard auto climate control, air conditioning, power windows, power mirrors, power steering, and manual door locks. This car has the basic 4 speaker audio configurationwhich is far easier for custom installationsrather than the complex 10 speaker option.
The following items have been serviced since being imported from Japan a year ago:
- Recharged hatch support struts
- Replaced torn CV boot
- New spark plugs
- Oil change
- New stereo head unit
- New battery
As an added bonus, the car comes equipped with HID low beam headlights in the factory Toyota projector housings, and two sets of roof shades(one original set, and one new set). It has aftermarket 15" wheels as shown, as well as a tasteful Momo steering wheel. There is a decal on the engine stating that the timing belt was changed at 91,160 Km in March of 2012, so you won't have to worry about that for a long time!
On the downside:
- The body is not perfect,there are verysmall areas of paint bubbling around the drivers door trim
- Faded area above the center roof section above the windshield
- Some peeling clearcoat on the driver's fender
- Front bumper paint is slightly mismatched due to a repair performed during its life in Japan
- The seats are in wonderful shape, but the plastic surrounds at the bases are scratched and faded
- The rear panel that fits behind the rear seats under the hatch never came with the car. This is very common with Seras
- The suspension shocks and struts are original and ride soft as the factory spec intended.
- Very mild scuffs on the underside of the dashboard from the Japanese toll transponder mounting plate which has been removed.
Even considering all of that, for a 25 year old car it really does look fantastic!!
What I love about this car is that it's frugal on gas, and limitless on fun. But the real icing on the cake is that for how unique the body style is, the mechanical components are very cheap and easy to source in the USA as it shares the chassis with the Tercel and Paseo of similar vintage. Sure the R32 Skylines are all the rage right now, but I guarantee you'll steal the crowd at a car meet if you roll up in a sera and pop the doors!