Toyota Land Cruiser HDJ81 1HD-T 6 Cylinder Turbo Diesel
- Condition: Used
- Make: Toyota
- Model: Land Cruiser
- SubModel: VX
- Type: Wagon
- Trim: HDJ81
- Year: 1991
- Mileage: 86,990
- VIN: 00000000000000000
- Color: Maroon
- Engine size: 1HD-T
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Power options: Lumbar Support, Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows
- Fuel: Diesel
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: AWD
- Interior color: Brown/Beige
- Safety options: Front/Rear Disc Brakes
- Options: Adjustable After market Suspension, Refrigerated Center Console, Center Diff Lock, Headlight Washers, Snorkel, Light Bar, Rooftop Basket, Compass, Altimeter, Alloy Wheels, Spare Tire Carrier, 4-Wheel Drive, CD Player, Sunroof
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1991 Toyota Land Cruiser VXWell, it's certainly obvious that the end of the world is coming soon, and although this vehicle may not save you from the Socialistic Dictatorship this country will soon become, it will give you that warm fuzzy feeling that only a mechanically fuel injected diesel can give!
This is a 1991 Toyota Land Cruiser with the 1HD-T turbo diesel power plant and with just under 87,000 miles
Ebay does not recognize import VIN#s, actual VIN is HDJ810013512
my phone number: (406) 214-8419
• Connecting Rod Bearings (BEBs) Changed with new bolts, plasti-gauged and torqued to spec
• New Heavy Duty Timing Belt and Water pump
(the sticker on the timing case says the timing belt was done in Japan but I never trust that, besides they never do the water pump)
• Oil Seal behind H2O pump done as well
• Coolant System Flushed and refilled with Redline Additive
• All other Belts changed with Heavy Duty Belts
• Oil and Filter Changed
• Fuel Filter Changed
• Air Filter Changed
• Air intake cleaned
• Alternator rebuilt
• 2 Brand New Batteries
• Front Differential Pinion Seal Changed
• New 75/90 Synthetic gear oil in both Differentials and Transfer Case
• Transmission flush and filter clean out
• New Suspension Bushings
• New Old Man Emu Steering Dampener
• 5 Brand New BF Goodrich 35x12.5x15 KO2 All Terrain Tires
• New Valves and gaskets in Windshield/Headlight Wash System
• All window switches replaced Even the RHD Master switch with factory OEM parts
• DS Window gasket replaced (OEM)
• Steering wheel replaced (OEM)
• DS Grab Handle Replaced (OEM)
• Horn replaced with OEM parts
• A/C System Vacuumed, O-rings replaced, Retrofitted for new refrigerant and Charged
• Greased ALL U-joints and suspension
• New front and rear wiper blades
• Got it muddy, washed it, got it muddy washed it, got it muddy, washed it
ALL Parts used are OEM or better
• Center Differential Lock
• Full Float Axels, LSD in rear Diff
• Head Light Washers
• Altimeter and Compass
• Air Conditioning and Rear Heat
• Refrigerated Center Console with Freezer and OEM Ice Cube Trays. Yes, this thing makes ICE Cubes!!!1
• Power Windows
• Power Locks
• Power Sunroof
• Swing Out Spare Tire Carrier
• Snorkeled Differential Breathers
• Weather Shields on Windows
• Headlight Washers and rear window washer
• Cold Air Intake Snorkel
• Aluminum Winch Bumper
• 52" 5D Light Bar
• PIAA Fog Lights
• Stainless Steel Roof Basket and Light Rack
• Suspension Lift
• Alloy Wheels
• Front and Rear Disc Brakes
• Suspension Lift/Dakar Springs/Rancho 9000 adjustable shocks
• Premium Sound System with Blue tooth and Auxiliary
This is a FULL TIME 4 WHEEL DRIVE vehicle with Hi/Lo option and Center Differential Lock. Everything works including the Cruise Control!
THIS TRUCK HAS NO RUST, NONE, ZERO! The frame is mint, the body has the minor scratch or two and there's some clear coat peeling just on the rear fender flares, no paint issues with the body at all. The truck needs nothing and comes with a full tank of diesel. Just get in and go wherever. I don't know how many mpg this particular rig is getting, generally they get 25 mpg on average. Some people say they get 30+ I'm not saying those people are lying but those figures always come from salesmen. Then again, I too am a salesman at the moment. The best I've ever gotten with a diesel cruiser is 28 mpg, but I doubt this one gets that with the tires and lift and all. If you need more info please CALL before you bid.
ABOUT BACK40IMPORTS . COM
This is what I do for a living, but one thing sets me apart from most other dealers/importers... I drive these vehicles every day and use them for what they were made for! As you can see by my pictures, I don't live in the city and my showroom is just good old Rocky Mountain USA. I've been driving diesel cruisers since 2006 and although I don't claim to be an expert, my experience has allowed me to identify the different weaknesses each variant has so that the proper maintenance can be done before hand. Also, you do get a lot more from me than you would get from the fly by night importer that just gets a US Title, shines it up and slaps a "For Sale" sign on a rig. I test out all my vehicles in real world situations before I sell them, that way when you go on an adventure there are no hidden surprises! Even if you aren't the winning bidder on this cruiser, I hope you'll consider Back 40 Imports for future purchases. Look us up on line and like us on facebook. Thanks!
PARTS GUARANTEEI will show you where to get and how to look up parts for your vehicle.If you ever struggle to find a part, contact me andI will get youparts at my cost for as long asyou own the vehicle (if you sell it, the next owner pays full retail).
This truck comes with a CLEAN, CLEAR Montana Title that will transfer to all 50 States. I will help you with any information you need to get it registered, but since I can't go to the DMV for you, registration is still your responsibility. I've sold diesel cruisers to guys from California before and the documents I provide with the title was more than sufficient for them to register their vehicle and be exempt from "air care".If you have questions about air care requirements in your state or municipality, you can find them at your state DMV website, or feel free to ask me, I've probably sent a diesel cruiserthere already or know someone there who has one. I welcome test drives, independent inspections and your questions, but since this is an auction all questions need to be askedand independent inspections need to be done before you bid or click "buy it now".
I would trust this truck to driveto any location on the planet as it sits right now. There is no doubt in my mind that it is ready for the longest road trip right now! If there was a bridge to Africa, you could drive it there with out any issues. If you decide to retrieve this truck yourself, Glacier International Airport (FCA) in Kalispell, MT is about 30 minutes away, and I will be happy to pick you up.
I've helped arrange shipping to all four corners of the lower 48 for customers who have bought trucks from me and I can help you hook up a shipper if need be (and if you live in AK or Hawaii I'm sure we can figure that out too).Actually securing the shipping and payment is the buyer's responsibility. Shipping prices vary between companies and are based on cost of fuel and regular routes traveled. Please research this topic before you bid. If you are the winning bidder and find out later that you can not afford your shipping costs, the "TERMS of SALE" still apply.
TERMS OF SALE
If you have any questions at all, please ask them prior to bidding or choosing the "Buy it Now" option. This sale is "as is" there are no returns, warranties,or refunds on this item. Please read the full description, examine all picturesand if you have any questions ask them before you bid or buy. My direct line is (406) 214-8419. There is a $500 NON-REFUNDABLE deposit due within 24 hours of the auction close, so if you don't have PayPal you will need to set that up before purchasing. The full remaining balance must be paid within7 days or 5 businessdays (Whichever comes first), either by direct wire transfer from your financial institution, or by cash in person. Once the vehicle is paid for, I will hold it for up to 30 days until shipping can be arranged. If the terms of sale are not adhered to by the purchaser, then the truck will be re-listedand the deposit will not be refunded. Check my feedback score and bid with confidence that I am a man of my word. There's never any funny business on my end and I expect the same courtesy.This truck is cross-listed locally and therefore I have the right to end the auction prematurely if a direct sale is made.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Why a Diesel Toyota?
- Better Fuel economy,most of these rigs average25 mpg on the hwy with my driving habits, some claim to get better.
- More low end torque means you get stuck less and can climb the craziest mountain goat trails
- These diesel engines are known for lasting much longer than the gas version
- Runs much quieter than the Ford, Chevy and Cummins diesels we are used to in the US
- Very easy to work on and simple to figure out
- Mechanical diesel technology enables you to use alternative fuels such as waste vegetable oil and waste motor oil
- The Diesel Land Cruisers and Pickups of the late 80s and early 90s were the best Toyota ever built and they are just now available to the US market.
- Stand out from the crowd and drive the legend that most people only dream about!
How difficult is it to get parts?
- Not difficult! Every mechanism on this truck is re-buildable, the fuel pump, the injectors, starter, alternator, motor, tranny, etc. can all be rebuilt by any one who's handy and if they're beyond the point of repair, a good majority of parts found on these vehicles can cross over from another Toyota gas vehicle manufactured for the US market. The consumable parts such as clutch, filters, brake pads, glow plugs, etc. can all be found locally right here in the U.S. I will show you how to get the part numbers.
But it's right hand drive, is that hard to get used to?
- No, maybe for the first couple miles, but you get used to it pretty quick. All the gears are in the same spot, the pedals are the same and you still drive on the right side of the road. Toyota sent diesels to every country except the US and I bring them in from LHD markets sometimes, but hands down the nicest ones come from Japan, so those are the ones we go for, which is why most of my stuff is RHD.
On May-30-16 at 09:12:52 PDT, seller added the following information:
FYI: The shipping quotes under the "Shipping and Payments" Tab are ridiculously unreasonable, shipping does not cost that much. If you need a real shipping quote let me know, but payment and securing the dispatch will still be the buyer's responsibility.