1984 Toyota Corolla AE86 with 4AGZE Turbo swap Hachiroku
- Condition: Used
- Make: Toyota
- Model: Corolla
- Type: Hatchback
- Trim: Sport SR5 Hatchback 2-Door
- Year: 1984
- Mileage: 262,074
- VIN: JT2AE86C4E0059798
- Color: Silver
- Engine size: 1.6L 1587CC l4 GAS SOHC Naturally Aspirated
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Power options: Power Locks
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Red
- Options: CD Player
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1984 Toyota Corolla
It has 262,000 original miles on chassis with a crate JDM 4agze out of an AE101 Corolla. Was rebuilt by Bearing Services of Portland, Oregon using the best parts turbo intake and turbocharger added and supercharger removed.
It has recently been painted in the black over metallic silver color, original color was red.
Car runs and drives great and is designed as a drift style vehicle with roll cage, racing seats, and 5-Point Racing harness. It has been used during my ownership as a weekend cruiser. It was a SR5 model that was swapped to GT-S parts and is registered in Portland through 6/2017 passing our DEQ emissions testing.
Engine and Fuel:
· 4AGZE from AE101 fully rebuilt with forged TRD internals by bearing services in Portland, OR using ARP head bolts, ARP main bolts, custom Cosmetic head gasket, Garret turbo w56 trim, running 11lbs of boost. About 5,500 miles since rebuild.
· Turbo is oil and coolant cooled.
· Exhaust manifold is equal length tubes.
· Wiring harness converted to run 87 Supra turbo ignition pack and ignitor, harness converted to run OEM AE101 ECU.
· Engine management JDM OEM AE101 ECM with Apexi super
· AFC piggy back engine management system.
· All custom aluminum turbo piping.
· ARC intercooler.
· HKS blow off valve.
· Toyota 395cc supra turbo fuel injectors.
· Walbro 255LPH fuel pump.
· Oil catch can setup.
· Godspeed aluminum radiator with dual 12 1300cfm electric fans.
· Manual boost controller.
· Custom 2.5 full exhaust to Flowmaster muffler with custom tip.
· Passed DEQ slip for emissions test in Oregon.
· AC removed.
· TVIS Delete plate.
· Toyota T50 transmission with approximately 90,500 miles.
· Clutch is ACT 6 Puk Sprung hub.
· 1-Piece custom made driveline.
· T3 short shifter.
· Prothane suspension bushings. (all installed except for rear control arms bushings which will be included in sale)
· Kaaz 2 way limited slip differential.
· T3 traction brackets.
· KYB GR2 shocks and struts.
· Intrax lowering springs.
· Custom made rear lateral bar.
· Larger Eibach sway bars front and rear.
· Battle version steering tie rod spacers.
· Converted to manual steering using Canadian market steering rack.
· Brakes rotors are powerslot front and rear.
· Brake pads are Hawk HPS front and rear.
· Rebuilt brake calipers (stock).
· Goodridge stainless steel brake lines.
· ATE DOT 4 super blue brake fluid.
· Vertex body kit.
· Custom 2 tone black and metallic gray paint.
· Window tinting.
· H4 headlight conversion.
· Custom front turn signals.
· Stainless steel hood risers (not currently installed but will be included with sale).
· Carbon fiber short antenna.
· Fully functional heater and blower motor.
· Suede shift boot.
· TRD shift knob.
· Handbrake drift button.
· T3 custom door panels.
· Dash is not cracked.
· Back carpeting removed.
· Gauges are AEM air fuel, boost gauge, oil pressure and coolant temp.
· Autometer tachometer.
· All stock gauges work except for tach (needs conversion kit) and oil pressure.
· Custom racing seats with custom adjustable sliders.
· RCI 5 point racing harness.
· Custom weld in roll cage to SCCA spec.
· NRG steering wheel with quick release.
· Pioneer head unit with Bluetooth.
· Pioneer front and rear speakers.
· Battery relocated behind passenger seat.
· Fire extinguisher slightly behind seats.
· 2 battery cut off switches.
· Full Autopage Alarm system with Keyless entry. (will come with 2 keypads and 2 keys)
Extras included with sale:
2 spare wheels and tires, headliner, and original door panels.
I bought this car a few months ago and have put 600 miles on it. I had plans for it to be a weekend cruiser/occasional track car but recently got engaged (need to pay for wedding) and had some unexpected expenses come up so unfortunately I must sell my 86. The previous owner had it for 11 years and is the one who had it built.
The maintenance items and parts replaced I’ve had taken care of since ownership are: oil change, manual transmission fluid change, rear differential fluid change, new blow off valve, new starter, new positive battery terminal, new 5 year battery, new Pioneer head unit with Bluetooth, new Pioneer front speakers, new Pioneer rear speakers (the sound system sounds amazing!), new rear hatch seal, new hatch shocks, replaced hatch release cable, new T3 short shifter, new prothane bushings, greased u-joints, greased ball joints, serviced fuel level sending unit, refinished taillights and front turn signals to remove hazing, and new headlight bulbs.
In terms of cons there are some very minor ones:
· The paint is good but not show quality and does have minimal flaws. However, it presents quite beautifully. I just waxed it so she’s very shiny.
· There are a handful of dings nothing much larger than a door ding. They’d easily be taken out with a paint less dent removal service if you are bothered by it.
· It could use tires sooner than later
· No horn
· No interior dome light
· The drivers side door outer weather-stripping has about a 1 foot span that was repaired with black silicone. It does not leak but looks wise is not perfect.
· The drivers side door has a little bit of sag. It still opens and closes just fine but requires a little more effort than the passenger door.
· Some minor rear end chatter, which is inconsistent.
· Steering wheel vibrates a little at highway speeds.
· Small surface crack in driver’s side taillight. The light is still sealed, there is no condensation.
· Crack in the front passenger turn signal most likely from a rock hitting it. I have noticed some condensation when I wash it but that’s the only time I see it.
Again all these are minor but I want to be as forthright as possible.
It is really a great car and I would not sell it if I didn’t have to. It runs terrific and makes a surprisingly comfortable cruiser. I am 6’2 and have plenty of legroom. I will miss it a lot and it gets lots of complements when I am out and about. Thanks for looking.