1989 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ62, EXCELLENT condition, one of a kind!
- Condition: Used
- Make: Toyota
- Model: Land Cruiser
- SubModel: FJ62
- Type: SUV
- Trim: Base Sport Utility 4-Door
- Year: 1989
- Mileage: 264,145
- VIN: JT3FJ62G3K1105833
- Color: Two-tone gray
- Engine size: 4.0L 3956CC l6 GAS OHV Naturally Aspirated
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Power Locks, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: 4WD
- Interior color: Tan
- Options: 4-Wheel Drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1989 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ62***Note there are additional pictures below my write-up***
For sale is my 1989 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ62. There aren’t many on the road as well taken care of and built up as this one! It’s a beautiful vintage Land Cruiser ready for your next camping trip, amily road trip, aily driver, r weekend warrior.
To give a brief history, had wanted a FJ62 for many years before I bought this one. I had never owned a Land Cruiser or an older vehicle like this. I’m not a hobby mechanic nor did I want to find a bare bones truck and try to build it up. With that said, kept my eye open for a long time, ooking for the perfect one which was well taken care of, o rust, echanically sound, nd was modified in a way that matched my tastes. I wanted a trustworthy truck I could drive every day and enjoy from day one. I happened to find this particular truck on Ebay in August of 2012. It took about 30 seconds to realize it was the one I wanted. I had never bought a vehicle sight unseen, o with nervous excitement, e, y wife and 1 year old daughter posted a bid and in turn won the auction.
Fast forward 3.5 year to today, t’s still that truck, ut even better. It’s been pampered the entire time with me and even more mechanically sound than when I purchased it. Anything that I have found that needs to be fixed or replaced, ’ve had it done. You will not need to “baseline” this truck after winning the auction. The original 3FE fuel injected motor cranks up the first time, very time, t runs strong and super smooth, ounds great, nd is really fun to drive. This FJ62 is a prime example that you don’t have to break the bank or be a mechanic to own a vintage vehicle! It is a head turner for sure - with the factory two-tone paint and custom features inside and out, get comments on it almost every time I drive it. You won’t win any races, ut you will out-cool just about any other vehicle on the road!
This FJ62 was purchased new in Austin Texas and lived its entire life there until I purchased it. The frame / body / undercarriage are all in excellent condition. It has been kept in a covered carport its entire time under my ownership (with the wife’s car out in the elements). We are non-smokers and pet free.
So let’s get to the good stuff! I’m sure I’ll miss something as there is a lot! It has over $20K in upgrades so I’ll start there. Note that all parts were purchased new.
- Converted from the original automatic transmission to a Toyota H55 5-speed manual.
- Old Man EMU DAKKAR suspension with 2.5 inch lift and medium springs. OME steering stabilizer.
- 33 x 10.5 inch BFG All Terrain tires on Eagle Alloy series 58 wheels.
- Custom, u>handmade / powder coated front and rear bumpers from SROR (Solid Rock Off-Road).
- Sierra Nevada bottle opener on the front.
- Hella 5000 HID Xenon off-road lights with city lights and custom made “Land Cruiser” covers and interior switch.
- Sylvania Silver Star upgraded headlights and high beams and clear front turn signal lenses.
- XRC10 10,000lb winch with braided line.
- ARB 87x49 Safari roof rack.
- ARB nerf bars (running boards), ustom powder coated to match front/rear bumpers.
- Engel refrigerator / freezer with Engel slide tray, ully wired.
- Procar Elite front seats with custom upholstered rear seat, onsole, nd door panels.
- Alpine stereo with iPod connect, runch amplifier, nd Boston Acoustic speakers.
- Dual stainless steel battery trays.
- Brand new Odyssey battery (March 2016).
- Custom made storage compartments in rear tailgate and rear driver side panel.
- Lined throughout with sound deadening.
- 1992 4Runner brake caliper and pads on the front (larger than the original Land Cruiser parts)
- Custom exhaust with new muffler and rerouted tail pipe.
- Redneck Ram Hydro Steering rebuilt box.
- A/C system converted to R134.
- Hidden kill switch.
- Tinted windows.
- Wheel skin steering cover.
- LED cargo light.
- Rear DC power source.
- Custom HeatShield for the windshield.
Below are parts replaced or work performed from April 2012 until today, tarting with the most recent. In my documentation I have dates, art numbers, nd additional notes but decided not to list that level of detail here. Any bullet item with BLUE text is work that I had performed under my ownership. The rest is information provided to me by the previous owner. Note that I had to perform (or have performed) a lot of recommended maintenance when I received the truck to “baseline” it, therwise it’s been issue free. Besides some specialty shops for exhaust and another local mechanic for basic work (items 2-5 below) I've always used the local Toyota dealership or a Land Cruiser specialty mechanic in Raeford NC - canuckscruisers.com
- Regular oil changes with Mobil 1 full synthetic and Toyota filters
- New Odyssey battery.
- New Denso Iridium spark plugs.
- New Denso Fuel Filter.
- New Toyota Fuel Pressure Regulator.
- New driver side caliper and pad (original had become stuck).
- New Toyota starter.
- Deinstalled the HID Xenon headlights and replaced with stock sealed beam Sylvania Silver Stars. Left the HID setup for the Hella’s.
- New rear sway brackets with poly bushings.
- New front/rear sway linkages.
- New muffler/tailpipe because it was too close to the rear shock.
- New extended sway linkages on front and rear.
- Front axle / knuckles rebuilt with Marlin Crawler seals (recommended every 60K miles).
- Replaced crushed front metal brake line, lead lines and replaced fluid.
- H55 transmission fluid change.
- New front lug studs, he originals were too short.
- Front / rear differential and transfer case fluid change, ull synthetic.
- Front / rear pinions seals replaced.
- Rear brake clean and adjustment.
- New belts and hoses.
- New alternator.
- New vacuum lines.
- New water pump.
- EGR and throttle body cleaned.
- New OEM distributor cap.
- New spark plugs/cap/rotor and wires.
- New radiator, hermostat, nd hoses.
For a 27 year old vehicle, t is in EXCELLENT condition. Sure there are a few blemishes in the paint here and thereand a couple small dents but nothing significant, t shines as if it’s brand new. The power windows can be a little slow moving and the power door locks don’t always lock all the doors. The locks are all within easy reach so it’s never been an issue. Sometimes the factory clock works, ometimes it doesn’t, ut you’ve got a clock on the stereo. To my knowledge, verything else is working as it should and there are no outstanding maintenance items to take care of. On the rust topic, f I rate it from 0=absolutely no rust of any kind ; 10=rust bucket, would rate it a 1.
This FJ62 is a phenomenal example of a time past, nd has given my family and I nothing but smiles on our faces and great memories and I hope it will give you the same. If you have never owned an older Land Cruiser, ou will be joining a community of people that share the same passion (and addiction) for these vehicles. There are fantastic online forums dedicated to the Land Cruiser as well as Land Cruiser clubs in every state.
Please feel free to post any questions you may have to this listing. I would be glad to talk by phone as well, nstead of posting my number for the world to see, lease contact me via this listing with your name, hone, nd best time to call. I had it shipped from Austin to my house in Wilmington NC, o if you need assistance with shipping to your house, can assist with whatever is needed there.Terms
I know I only have 2 reviews, ut please contact me prior to bidding if you have between zero and 5 reviews on your ID so I can verify you are a real person interested in purchasing this. If you win the auction, require a deposit of $500 within 24 hours. Please provide me with your contact information and I will be in touch with you after the auction ends.
Thank you for checking out my listing and good luck if you place a bid!
On Mar-22-16 at 10:17:41 PDT, eller added the following information:
FJ62 FJ60 FJ55 FJ40 FJ45 FJ Cruiser