1991 Suzuki Samurai Rock Crawler
Price: - Item location: Ashburn, Virginia, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Suzuki
- Model: Samurai
- Year: 1991
- Mileage: 6585
- VIN: JS4JC31C3M4101552
- Color: Black
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: 4WD
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1991 Suzuki SamuraiSUMMARY
This is a 99% RUST FREE reliable 1991 fuel injected Suzuki Samurai. It was designed to run any trail to include rock crawling. It will handle anything you throw at it. It's street legal and registered in Virginia. I have the clean title in hand. Has working seat belts, windshield wipers, side mirrors, head/tail lights and horn. It is garage kept and I know it will clear any garage door that is at least 80 inches high (most are). Due to the full hydro steering, this vehicle would NOT make a good daily driver. The mileage on the odometeris not accurate for all components on the vehicle.
The High-Lift w/mounting brackets are included in the sale. As you can tell this is not a cheesy back yard build. All work was completed by competent specialists and is a high end very nice one of a kind rig. You will not be disappointed.
2019 Refresh: Most sensors, filters and seals are new! This includes a new transmission shaft seal, transmission vacuum modulator, transmission filter, transmission fluid, transmission pan seal, transmission kick down cable/seal, engine idle control valve, PCV valve, EGR valve, fuel pressure regulator, MAP sensor, O2 sensor and fuel filter.
BODY (looking good)
This Samurai does not show signs of being a 28 year old vehicle. The rust free cage and frame have been painted. The floor is rust free and has been coated with POR-15 anti-rust/protective coating. Being a trail rig, there are the usual wear and tear door dings and scratches here/there. As you can see, most of the body metal has been trimmed back to prevent rock damage while off-roading. The paint is generally good with a few chips/bubbles here and there. The hood has dents all over it to include small cut outs for the engine. The rear tub is custom made out of sheet metal and has been coated with POR-15. Any time I come back from an off-road trip, I go over it and paint any metal that was scratched. Keeping in mind this is an off-road vehicle and not a show car, it's in great shape! The metal is solid all over.
ENGINE/TRANSMISSION (Yes, you have more power than you can use!)
The stock 55hp carbureted 1.3 liter motor has been replaced with a 127hp, DOHC, 16-Valve, 2.0 liter, fuel injected Suzuki motor. It provides more usable even power than you will ever need. The motor is very strong that idles smooth and does not smoke. Since it's EFI, you never stall out on steep hills. It has a ceramic coated exhaust manifold. The radiator fan can be turned on/off from a switch in the cabin (if crossing water). Overheating is not an issue with the super-sized radiator.
Slow rock crawling is a breeze with the automatic transmission. The stock 5-speed transmission was replaced with a 3-speed TH-180 Automatic. There are no electronics to go out or mess with. You can shift manually through each of the 3 speeds or let it run as an automatic. The transmission is liquid cooled with split radiator up front.
ELECTRICAL/ELECTRONICS (lots of goodies)
- Pioneer radio/CD player with 2 front Kicker panel speakers. Decent amount of noise. Nothing special.
- Aluminum fabricated dashboard with LED lighting underneath.
- Cigarette lighter outlet under dashboard.
- Autometer Ultralight gauges w/backlights. Speedometer, RPM, Fuel Level, Voltage, Water Temp, Oil Temp.
- Warn headlights with high/low beam.
- Warn 9,000lb winch (steel cable) with the controller on the dashboard.
- Adjustable fans on the dash (hillbilly AC).
- Push button start. No ignition. Removable steering wheel to prevent theft of vehicle.
- Radiator fan switch on dashboard.
- Fuel pump switch on dashboard.
- Fuel pressure gauge on the fuel rail.
- Mallory fuel pressure regulator.
- 10 gallon stainless fuel cell. Breather vents to rear wheel well. Has a tip over valve.
- Ignition kill switch on dashboard.
- New heater core. Blower runs hard and smooth like new.
- ARB controls: on/off switches for the compressor, front and rear lockers.
- Duralast Platinum battery.
- Oogla Horn w/button on dash board.
DRIVETRAIN (all items you will never break)
- Front/Rear: Dana 44 axles with 4.56 gears. Axles are 30 spline super tough chromoly.
- Front/Rear: ARB lockers with onboard air compressor.
- Transfer Case: 6.5:1 gears with upgraded cradle/arm.
- Twin Sticks - Any combination of 2WD/4WD and High/Low.
- Hubs: Warn Premium w/upgraded bolt kit
SUSPENSION (your teeth will stay in place)
- Spring over w/Jeep Eater JY suspension conversion.
- Rear axle has anti wrap track bar.
- Front/Rear: Extended shackles.
- Shocks: Rough Country Nitrogen 2.0
- Raised shock towers on all 4 corners.
STEERING (2 finger user friendly)
- Hydraulic steering box (overkill - farm tractor application)
- Full hydraulic ram w/fluid cooler
- Power steering pump/brackets
- Removable steering wheel
INTERIOR/EXTERIOR (creature comfort)
- Safari soft top (the sides and rear roll up independently). Right rear zipper needs fixed.
- All snaps remain in place to secure a top.
- Cipher Auto racing seats with harness slots. Seat is adjustable (slide front/back and back tilts)
- Cipher Racing Harness - 4 Point with Camlock Quick Release Buckles
- The fenders have been removed from the front and enlarged in the rear.
- Rear tub has been custom fabricated.
- Trail Tough fold down and/or removable windshield kit.
- Custom rear bumper w/hitch and LED lights.
- Heat treated forged alloy Mickey Thompson wheels.
- BF Goodrich Mud Terrain tires, 35X12.50/17 (about 90% tread left)
- Removable doors with quick release buckles
- Custom interior door panel covers.
- Custom exhaust raised and tucked up out of harm's way
- Brackets on frame that allow for flat towing.
- Cell phone and cup holder.
- Driver and Passenger â€œoh sheitâ€ handles.
BRAKES (eyeball to windshield)
- Disk brakes on all 4 wheels
- Proportioning valve allows you to adjust breaking power between the front and rear brakes.
- Extended stainless steel brake lines
- Well thought out and executed custom welded DOM full roll cage (attached to frame).
- Transfer case and transmission are covered by a belly kid plate.
- Front/Rear Differential Covers: ARB Competition w/dipstick to measure fluid.
- Custom rocker panel covers with built in extended side rail and armor on bottom side.
- Custom front bumper with stinger
If you have any questions or want pictures of anything specific, please let me know and I will provide. I can also provide videos. I'm willing to assist if you want to arrange a pickup (ship). Sold "as-is".