1988 SUZUKI SAMURAI HARDTOP TIN TOP CUSTOM 4X4
Price: - Item location: New Holland, Pennsylvania, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Suzuki
- Model: Samurai
- Type: SUV
- Trim: HARDTOP / TIN TOP
- Year: 1988
- Mileage: 93,938
- VIN: JS4JC51V0J4155805
- Color: Black
- Engine size: 1.3L
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: 4WD
- Interior color: Gray
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Options: 4-Wheel Drive, Sunroof
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1988 Suzuki Samurai HARDTOP / TIN TOPPurchased 4-5 years ago, has been slowly restored and upgraded ever since. I also have many extra parts that go with the sale. Only selling because we are moving across the country in a couple months and we already have a vehicle to tow. Runs great, has been daily driven up until placing this ad. The motor is stock, so is the carburetor. Starts right up even in the winter time. I've had the valve cover off to adjust the valves and everything was clean. Oil is changed often to keep it that way. No radio, but the wiring is there if you want to add one. Most everything works- lights/signals, wipers/washers, heater and door handles.
The Sammy has had some rust repair, mainly to the floors. They were done with a combination of steel with fiberglass reinforcement layers. Everything was gone over with POR-15 afterwords for sealing and future rust protection. The exterior body was mostly stripped, primed and finished with several coats of Monstaliner, which is similar to Line-x.
There's a long list of upgrades so I'm sure I'll forget some things, but here are the highlights:
- -New Bushwacker style wheel flares
- -Super Swamper Tires with staggered wheels (the rears are like 10" wide, fronts are narrower)
- -New Low Range Off Road Shackles
- -New OME front Leaf Springs
- -New OME spring and shackle bushings
- -New fuel tank/sending unit/filler tube/lines/filter (the old one was fine, but I manage to break a hard line fitting removing it to do the welding, so I replaced everything)
- -New headlights/Tailights/signal lights
- -New battery
- -Diamond plate interior panels
- - Low Range Off Road cowl cover
- -New front bumper
- -New front shocks & 1 new rear shock (second is included with sale)
Known Issues / Things I haven'tgotten to:
- -I've recently noticed the water pump making some noise, and there is a little bit of play in the pulley, so it will need to be replaced at some point. I have a new water pump/gasket/belt and thermostat included, just ran out of time to install.
- -emergency brake cable needs to be installed (included)
- -The back door is pushed in a bit from the spare tire being bumped by my friends Sammy while off-roading. The door still opens and closes and it's not very noticable with the spare installed, but its there.
- -the sunroof works, but the mechanism is fragile and pops apart sometimes if you are not carefull
- -The glove box door tends to fall off when opened (bad design, they all seem to do this)
- Leaks a little oil, new pan gasket and hardware are included
None of these issues are serious but I want to be clear this is a nearly 30 year old vehicle and it isnot perfect.
Also included with sale:
- Spare set of factory wheels with tires
- 2" billet spacers for front wheels
- Rear shock (ran out of time to install)
- Full set of body mount bushings/pads etc.
- Low Range Off Road sloppy shift fix kits for gearbox and transfer case
- new oil pan gasket and new hardware set
- new water pump/gasket/belt and thermostat
- Spare cap/rotor/wires/plugs/filters and other maintenance items
- factory jack/rod/hood prop
- body emblems/labels etc.
- New rear bumper
- Anything else I find :)