1987 Suzuki Samurai Soft Top Convertible 4x4 Runs and Drives
Price: - Item location: Ambler, Pennsylvania, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Suzuki
- Model: Samurai
- Type: 4x4
- Year: 1987
- Mileage: 225,500
- VIN: JS4JC51C3H4183722
- Color: Teal
- Engine size: 1.3 I4
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: 4WD
- Interior color: Brown
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Options: 4-Wheel Drive, Convertible
- Vehicle Title: Rebuilt, Rebuildable & Reconstructed Want to buy? Contact seller!
1987 Suzuki SamuraiEver wanted a 4x4, but didn't want to deal with the unreliability and expense of owning a JEEP?
Then a Samurai might be for you!
They are reliable as a cockroach with TRUE all mechanical 4 wheel drive so it will always work. Parts are dirt cheap and plentiful. Doors and top are removable just like a wrangler.
AND they get high 20's MPG City / Highway
All the major things have been taken care of, just a few small things to bring it back up to full drivability.
This was my daily for a long while and I was planning on restoring it, but I have moved on to another project at this point.
You could use it as a reliable 4 wheel drive daily, second car for bad weather, off roader, or antique project to restore. They also make good tow vehicles for motor homes.
These cars are so easy to work on yourself. Save $$$ doing your own maintenance and repairs
Details listed below, I tried to note everything important but feel free to shoot me any other questions and I'll answer to the best of my ability. Or if you
just want pictures of a particular area, I'll try to accomodate that as well.
Clean Title in hand
~225k Miles. Odometer shows around 25k but vehicle history suggests it rolled over twice
-Runs, Drives, Shifts smoothly- Frame is Solid and rust free
- Engine runs strong. Compression tested well within range. No problem getting up to highway speed
- 4 wheel drive functions all work: 4 Low, 4 High, Neutral, 2 Wheel
- All Safety Features work: Lights, Turn Signals, Brakes, Seat Belts, backup lights, Wipers etc
- New Headlights (< 6 Months old)
- New Rear brakes (< 6 Months)
- Steel wheels are a little beat up but still work, 4 Wheel Drive Hubs turn easily and engage and disengage properly
- Top is in great shape
- Door windows work and crank
- Heat and air work great, heater core was done recently
- No leaks of any kind
- Factory Carb intact and working well
- Usual shifter fixes done, 5 speed shifter locating bolt. 4wd Shifter sheet.
- Fresh Paint done by previous owner (Some overspray, looks like a Maaco job or equivalent)
- Exhaust is good other than header (have another)
- New grommets on brake master cylinder (prevents future leaks)
- New snaps on body, keeps top nice and tight
- Wiring was gone through by previous owner, everything works except interior dome light (I think it just needs a bulb)
- Recently retitled as Antique, passed Safety and Emissions last year
- Oil and Filter changed recently
- Clutch works perfectly
- Battery and alternator running strong
- Has after market CD player / Radio that works just needs to be hooked up
- All gauges work and are accurate except the fuel gauge
- All mirrors intact and adjustable
- Windshield glass in good shape
- Wipers working well, relatively new (High, Low, intermittent)
- Bumpers and endcaps are in good shape
- Windshield cleaner fluid pump working and spraying (rare to find one functional)
The Bad and Ugly:
- Rust in all 4 wheel wells, not too bad yet at all, still could be saved. Have seen way worse still on the road.
- Tires are dry cracked, should be replaced, Rear drivers side tire has slow leak
- No Spare Tire, although has spare tire carrier and bump stops in place to hold one
- Drivers side floorpan was cut and patched by previous owner but otherwise fine
- Drivers side door has damage to corner (see pics)
- Drivers side inner door panel is loose (Doesnt affect function)
- Will need new gas tank skid plate- Emergency Brake works and releases but it needs to be adjusted, the engagement points are off
- Body has some small dings (Possible hail damage?) Mostly on hood
- Header will need replacing at some point, pretty rusty, functional for now. I do have another
- Interior dome light does not work (I think its just the bulb)
- Need passenger side front Wheel bearing
- Radio works but needs antenna (stolen)
- Gas gauge does not work, needs new sending unit (Easy fix)
Very low and fair reserve set below market value