Fully restored Exterior 1989 Suzuki Sidekick JLX 1.6L in good condition
Price: - Item location: San Diego, California, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Suzuki
- Model: Sidekick
- SubModel: JLX
- Type: SUV
- Trim: 2-door Hardtop
- Year: 1989
- Mileage: 270,000
- VIN: JS4TA01V3K4105726
- Color: Brown
- Engine size: 1.6L
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: 4WD
- Interior color: Brown
- Options: 4-Wheel Drive, CD Player
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1989 Suzuki Sidekick JLXFully restored exterior, daily driver, two-owner 1989 Suzuki Sidekick JLX 2-door Hardtop fully loaded in good operating condition.
Completely disassembled and professionally repainted in 2013 (see pictures) at Chapparone Auto Body San Diego, color is brown metal flake "Toyota 4L6 Cedarwood". All new stock Suzuki exterior rubber, light fixtures (except headlights), emblems, and bumper covers (aftermarket) in 2013 for a showroom-like appearance. Most parts imported specially from Japan, as they were not available here.
New upholstery (2013) by Quality Auto Upholstery San Diego, including both front and rear bucket seats.
Engine and transmission recently rebuilt (2014 and 2013, respectively), strong and has been reliable.
MSD Ignition system, switchable between normal and MSD. CARB approval sticker included.
Alpine AM/FM/MP3/CD/USB stereo with subwoofer.
Interior is stock and unrefined, but in fair condition for a 27 year old vehicle.
Tires are BFG 30x9.50R15 Mud-Terrain, minimal tread on front, good tread on rear.
The JLX was the top-of-the-line model. This is a highly capable 4WD off-road machine that is more stable than it's cousin the Samurai, due to a wider wheelbase.
Class 1 trailer hitch and wiring harness included.
Video of it driving, taken 5/25/16:
- one large and some small tears in top of passenger side door vinyl
- small tears in top of driver side door vinyl
- numerous dents in plastic panels in the rear
- front seat belt receptacles plastic housing broken so it flops around, but the belt is safe and secure
- steering column cover plastic degraded and has scratches
- window tinting on rear three windows has several tears in it
- rear ashtray covers missing
- passenger window motor slower than driver side, but fully working
- windshield wiper motor is somewhat slow but fully working
- cruise control engage switch must be pressed 1-4 times the first time to engage, after that it engages first time and reliably stays engaged.
- center console storage compartment plastic hinge is broken
- electric door lock on passenger side doesn't always automatically unlock when unlocking driver side door or with lock switch, manually unlock it
Please email with any questions.
Thanks for looking!