1949 Studebaker Pickup Fully Custom Built Ratrod
Price: US $9,500.00 Item location: Union City, Tennessee, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Studebaker
- Year: 1949
- Mileage: 10,000
- Color: Black
- Engine size: LT1 350 Engine
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Gunmetal Gray
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1949 StudebakerHello everyone and thanks for looking! I have tried to provide as much information as I can on this one of a kind truck but I am far from an expert on these things and am having to do so from memory. This pickup was my dad's project and sadly he has passed away so I can't ask him all the things I would need to know to fill out this listing properly. There are still some aspects of the truck that are unfinished so anyone looking for a truck with it's own unique character that is mechanically inclined would be a perfect match for this old girl! That being said the truck is 100% functional and ready to drive as it sits. However, please do not hesitate to ask any questions you may have and I will do my best to answer them if at all possible!
For sale today I have a late 40's Studebaker Pickup! I believe it is a 1949 year model. This truck was bought in extremely rough shape and has been redone as a one of a kind Ratrod by my father! He loved tinkering on this thing and it absolutely oozes his one of a kind personality! His intention was never to attempt a factory correct restoration but instead to have some fun and make a completely unique vehicle that turns heads and is a blast to drive!
STARTING ON THE OUTSIDE:
- The body of the truck has had any major damage repaired and been repainted in flat black primer.
- The factory accents have been retained and cleaned up to give the truck that aged look while improving on the aesthetics. Most accents have been cleaned and polished but the front and rear bumpers have been painted and clear coated in black automotive paint.
- Aftermarket rims and tires have been added.
- An aftermarket radio antenna has been added but the truck currently does not have a radio in it.
- Shortened wiper arms have been added for fully functional wipers that accept standard blades from any auto parts store.
- LED semi lighting including brake lights and turn signals has been added to make the truck street legal.
- The fuel tank has been switched to a larger capacity and relocated from behind the seat to under the bed where it can easily be filled from in the bed.
- The battery has been relocated to in the bed in a custom enclosure for protection and to clean up the engine bay a bit.
- Side mirrors have been added.
UNDER THE HOOD:
The truck was purchased without an engine and a Second Generation LT1 from a late 90's Chevrolet Camaro has been swapped in its place! This engine has been completely rebuilt and had a little pep added to it's step although I can not remember what modifications were done. I do know it was stripped, and sent to a machine shop to be blueprinted and have any issues fixed before being professionally rebuilt! The truck has been wired with a complete Electronic Control Unit (ECU) system and the engine is fuel injected and computer controlled! This thing starts and runs like a champ everytime! No worrying about a stubborn carbureted engine here!
IN THE CAB:
This is the area my dad was working on when he passed away so everything is not complete here but is in good enough shape to drive without issue and could be worked on as the mood hit you.
- The interior has been repainted in Gunmetal Gray.
- New rubber matting has been installed on the floor.
- Adjustable bucket seats have been added.
- A .30 Caliber Ammo Can has been added between the seats to serve as a center console and works great for storage!
- This truck features a Manual Transmission and has been modified to have a 1 Inch Snap-On Wrench as the shift lever! Fun to shift and the hole at the top of the wrench makes it super comfortable to hold!
- The original Steering Wheel has been retained.
- A red LED indicator light has been added to the middle of the dash to let you know when your blinkers are on.
- Since the truck has been wired with a fully functional ECU it now has Adjustable ELECTRONIC Gauges! These include: Tachometer, Speedometer, Fuel Gauge, Oil Pressure, Engine Temperature, and a Voltmeter!
- And last but definitely not least AIR CONDITIONING has been added! Keep cool while you cruise and as an added bonus the glove box has been modified to accept your favorite canned beverage which will be kept ice cold since the A/C runs directly over them!
That wraps up what I know about the truck. Taking a look at all the pictures should answer most questions but again if you have any questions PLEASE ask and if I know or can find out the answer I will do my best to!
ONCE YOU BUY:
A deposit of $500.00 will be required through Paypal within 48 hours of the time of sale and arrangements for payment must be made within 7 days. I am willing to work with serious buyers to a reasonable extent to accommodate their needs.
This is being sold as a LOCAL PICKUP only but if the buyer really wants it shipped and makes all the necessary arrangements I can be available for pickup by a commercial hauler as well. Again, THE BUYER is responsible for coming to get this truck.
MAKE ME AN OFFER BECAUSE ALL SERIOUS OFFERS WILL BE CONSIDERED!!!